Side Chapter: The Royal Kitchen (II).

"Your highness, to what I owe the pleasure of your visit." (Head Chef) walks over with his open arms warmly greeting the princess but deep inside he was nervous seeing that the maid was holding the tray of his untouched hard work, for he was the one in charge of making the princess' meals.

"I have a problem with my meal." She started and the head chef raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

"Surely- that wouldn't be possible! I made sure your meals were one of the finest! I can't believe her highness would say such a thing." He covers his mouth in shock, trying to play the victim.

Princess Elizabeth glances her eyes at the maid that escorted her into the royal kitchen, she was the one responsible to carry the message to showcase the problem with the meal in full view so that he won't be able to deny any accusations.

"Throw that bread as hard as you can into the wall." (Princess Elizabeth) ordered pointing at an old wall of the kitchen that hasn't been cleaned in a while, she made a disgusting face the moment she noticed how filthy it was.

"..."

The new maid stared at the princess in shock, this girl was another set of a breed that would grow up into a monster. Most people would complain, and say the things that they don't like about something but no- she... wanted to show the problem not just say it.

"Throw the bread, your highness?"

"Yes, throw it." The princess repeats her order once more, seeing the look on the maid's face- it looked like she didn't want to do it. The thought of wasting food sickened her, but the princess saw and guessed the maid's stricken expression upon the order she issued.

"No need to worry if you'll feel guilty of wasting it, that lump of brick is inedible. If you won't throw it, I will have to do it myself." (Princess Elizabeth) didn't sound like she was jesting.

The new hire bit her lip and followed the princess' order, throwing the bread into the wall with such force, it flew into the dirty wall into the kitchen making a loud noise and cracking all over the wall.

BAM!

The sound could be heard by everyone, they all turned towards the direction of the pastry that quickly went down into the ground, and even till then, they could still hear a slight thud.

"...'' One servant who curiously dared to see what became of the bread when it went down into the ground. Behind the counter, he peeked his head and gave a frightful expression.

"...The bread is still together and not a scratch on the surface."

Gasp!

Everyone gasped and covered their mouths in shock.