Chapter 30: Ball of Boredom.

Elizabeth's POV

The castle is decorated with a blue and silver theme to welcome the emperor back in his rightful place in ruling.

No longer volunteering to fight in the tidings of war but I don't believe that.

"Hah..."

Yet this party is boring with nothing else to do but go with the usual, make friends with the other noble children for future beneficial relationships.

While some of these noble parents are trying to set me up with their kid who I know is just being forced into an unwanted relationship with me.

I've already remembered who to keep my ties with and who I should not.

"Hmph."

And Victoria is ignoring me because of my father's ridiculous order of staying away, keeping things 'professional'.

"Thank you for giving me your time, as you all know I have just recently come back from my expedition on leading the army to expand our kingdom's territory- waging war on those demons."

My father was standing on top of the staircase, holding a wine glass in his hand and proposing a toast of his return. "I will be taking on duties that I left on my brother, and my sister who did well on keeping our diplomatic relationship with other countries- may it be fruitful for new opportunities."

He turned to me holding out his wine glass, my heart suddenly felt heavy, like everyone's eyes were poking holes into every part of my body.

"And to my daughter, the princess." He starts chuckling, and for some reason I wanted to run away.

Is he plotting something that has me involved?

"My wife's legacy lives on, let's give a toast- for the future." (Emperor Alastor) raises his wine glass up, before gulping down the entire drink.

Every adult noble follows before the music starts to play.

"..."

Musicians hired and ones that basically lived inside the castle composed classical melodies that made the human body sway, people in formal attires went into the center of the ballroom picking their own partner holding their hands and then proceeding to dance.

I considered not doing anything and just watching the people here get drunk, seeing the women fancy bachelors of the season.

"How fickle."

The color of my world was turning gray, the party becoming uninteresting that I wanted to find a place where I could be alone.

I couldn't go to Victoria's side because she intended to stay as far away as she could while keeping an eye on me.