Chapter 45: Persuasion (II).

Elizabeth's POV

Upon the decision that I'll be taking Victoria with me to visit her home- I went to my father's study seeing the damage he did to this place.

A lot of holes from the ice spikes that he casted- not my fault he has horrible aim.

"So... you want to go back home. I never thought I'd see the day." He held a few documents in his hand, sitting down being fixated on whatever important contents it possessed.

"Father it's my request, I've been doing everything you asked for- and I think I ought to be rewarded." After thirteen years of being inside this castle, I deserve a vacation.

"Hmph, do you think I'll let you go outside these castle walls to the provinces- it's filthy and overrun by the common folk." (Emperor Alastor) finally looks at us glaring, but when he sees Victoria he sighs looking guilty.

Emperor of the year.

Victoria came from that province that's run by the common folk, how dare you hurt her feelings.

I tried not rolling my eyes at his face. Clearly it would be run by common folk- what do you think?!

"Alastor, you have my word that your daughter will be safe. It's just two weeks of visiting-" (Victoria) wasn't even done with her sentence before the Emperor agreed.

"Fine, have it your way."

The both of us looked at each other, expression shocked- baffled and confused. I thought we were going to need more than that to convince him to let us leave but instead he stared at us wondering why we still haven't left yet.

"What... Why are you both staring at me like that?" He asks, clicking his tongue. "I'm busy and I don't need you adding to my list of headaches, you remember the intruders that got inside in my office?"

I remembered our stealth mission not too long ago and my brave gut giving the emperor the middle finger for not being a good dad.

I tried my best to not laugh at the memory and keep a composed face.

"Indeed I have heard about it, with all the yelling it woke most of the servants up."

"They've gained access to something only the royal family would know. The password- the riddle- getting past all the traps-"

Wait there were traps?

Holy shit we were lucky not to trigger any of them.

"It gave me such a fright that the enemy might gain valuable intel. I'll be rearranging the patrol hours, clearly whoever these intruders are, they've got a good understanding on how we do things around here- and they have an earth magic caster as well."

"I will take note of that, my emperor. If there's a chance that they'll come back- I'll make sure to prioritize the princess' safety first." (Victoria) didn't let anything slip, and I kept quiet just to be sure I won't say something dumb on accident.