Chapter 1 Brave Soldiers

Six months ago my life changed two hundred degrees, I woke up in yokai realm and to make a long story short the Oni king desired to court me after I finally agree a team of warriors decided they want my hand too so " shit hit the fan!" And Nen Bo quickly buttons his cloak around me and kissed my lips when a Oni with red eyes threw me into a portal now ...

I am falling as I am about to hit the ground and die I summon the courage to focus on the air around me I softly  " kerplunk" right next to a dead red coat soldier...

As I look to my right a soldier is looking at me in disbelief the whizzing bullets passing my head and cannon fire shook me back to reality quickly as I thought  focus  " Okay  1700 I am just your average American woman,  yokai bride , and I'm on the wrong side of history!" I focus the way  Nen Bo taught me as I use the cloak and energy I stood and ran " Lady stop!" The soldier yelled as the bullets hit the ricochet off my skin and  cloak.

I ran as fast as I could as I spot a soldiers horse I get on as I focus a invisible shield around him he became resistant to gunshots and  tiredness so I ran to the woods on his back  and found a cave I got off and sat there " Nen Bo what am I going to do?"  I cried as the horse tried to comfort me sniffing my hair I went to sleep worried.

The next morning I am unsure if it's safe but I lead the horse as I see soldiers digging a big mass grave I approach slowly not wanting to be nothing I slap the horse on the butt to shoo him back but this rascal snorts and trots back to me as I'm running back to the woods.

I stop as this horse hangs his head over my shoulder for a hug " I can't keep you ,I don't own you , I'll get in trouble  you have to go back!" He shakes his head " You have too!" He stomps his foot "I can't stay in 1700 I don't belong here!"

Then I hear footsteps this horse placed himself in front of me " Miss this horse is property of the kings men!" I know Officer I was bringing him back he helped me get out of the way of whizzing bullets but he seems to like me so I'll be on my way!

I turn to run as the soldier had the reins but that horse yet again ran after me while the redcoat managed to get up on him he still fought the officer running back to me I stopped not really wanting too I thought " I have the red energy stones maybe he will accept one in exchange for the horse?"

I slowly turn to the man I thought "He looks familiar somehow!" Well I tried to leave him with you since he seems so attached, to me would you accept this red stone in exchange for him?"

He dismounted and looks at me " What manner of woman are you?" The human kind! He grins slightly " Your a firey one!" Well what is your name? " William Ransom!" I smiled and nod. I might ,part with him in exchange for the lady's name too! " Jessica!"

What is your family name? " My dad is a Blailock but not from here and there are men looking for me we got separated!" You are a peculiar lady but " How ,did you survive those gunshots yesterday?"

Please don't tell anyone " I learned, some things after being tossed in another world so please don't have me killed!" Are you a witch? " No William ,I am bride to the Oni king and others too apparentlyI got tossed here in this battle when I was in one already!" Oni King?

" Yes you know from the other realms,the supernatural world around everyone that story's are modeled after!"  Research Japanese folklore on the subject of yokai! " William she must be a bit touched! " Listen I don't care if you think I am crazy your eyes saw what they did so if you agree to trade the stone for the horse I will go so you can bury those brave soldiers! He passed me the reins and I gave him one small stone he watched as the horse ran with me " I shall have to find her !" William thought.