Free

-Wife privilege, huh? Hyunjin raised an eyebrow and side eyed Jeongin who was on the other bed.

-I didn't know he was serious. I thought he was bluffing!

-Well, we're stuck together now. I'm sure he had a list with pairs for this punishment.

He did.

He put Hyunjin with Jeongin, Seungmin with Minho, Changbin with himself and the twins. He knew what he was doing when he chose the pairs.

The door of Seungmin's room cracked opened, revealing Jisung and Daehyun holding hands.

The boy spotted Minho and immediately jumped in his embrace.

-Hello, kid! Were you good while we were on a mission?

-Yes. I was very good, he chuckled. Did you fight bad guys again?

-Of course! Minho always wins, he winked. I am the best fighter in town, he put Daehyun on his good leg and kissed the top of his head. Maybe one day I'll teach you how to box.

-No! Minho, he's just a kid, Jisung's protective instinct came to surface.

-Oh-oh. Mamma doesn't agree, he made a funny face that brought Daehyun to tears of laughter. I'll get in trouble now.

-Better you than me.

-Oh! Now I feel betrayed, he placed his hand on his heart in a dramatic way. You backstabber! I feel so hurt now. Give me a kiss on the cheek to forgive you.

Daehyun did as he was told.

-Seungmin, can you take Daehyun for a walk?

The younger understood the message and took Daehyun by the hand.

-Come on, kid! Uncle Minnie will get you some ice cream... or whatever kids your age eat.

They exited the room, leaving Minsung alone.

Jisung sat down on the bed next to his boyfriend and found his way to his lips, cupping his face in the process.

-What will the kid think if he sees mommy and daddy like this? Minho joked.

-"Mommy and daddy"?

-I mean we're basically his parents now, Minho shrugged.

-I've never thought I would see you doing so good with kids.

-Me neither. I used to scare kids... It's just that... I don't know, I guess it crossed my mind that one day you and I would... would have one of these guys, he struggled to finish his sentence in embarrassment.

-You thought about us adopting a child? Jisung was left aback.

-It's stupid, I know. So cringe of me to say-

-No, it's not! Jisung grabbed his shoulders. You thought of us... of our future. This makes me so happy, he confessed wirh tears in his eyes.

-Of course I did. What kind of future is that without you? Minho said it so naturally, but for Jisung meant the world.

Minho noticed the tears and started panicking.

-What did I do?

-You made so happy. Oh my God, Minho! I just... he buried his face in the older's chest and sobbed under his chin, listening to each heartbeat.

-All I want is for you to be happy, Minho rubbed his back gently. I'd do anything for you to keep smiling. You're all I have left.

-You have the team too. Hoseok hyung, Suga hyung, Itzy... They all care for you. By the way, what did you do with the head? You said you had to give it to someone.