𝟰𝟭

𝗔𝘁𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮 | 𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿
𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘆 𝗥𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀, 𝟮𝟮

"You said you was gone be here, you missed everything Jacourey."

"I apologize man my flight got delayed." He lied

"Why lie? I already know you was with Lee because she told me. Don't pick n choose when you wanna be a father. I understand she's your wife but me n you already discussed you coming to the baby shower. You had my hopes up all day waiting on you to walk through the door. You coulda at least let me know you weren't gonna make it. When my baby gets here you needa have your priorities straight." Savannah spoke as tears fell down her face.

"I apologize and you right I was wrong fa not lettin' you know. Why you cryin' tho?"

"That shit hurts my feelings that you really picked a female over your own baby. I bet you be the first person at her baby shower. Ian even know you was married if I did I wouldn't have kept her."

"Savannah issa fucked up situation ian tryna pick nobody i'm just tryna do right by both a my kids. When both a them get hea shit gone be different fasho."

"You better keep your word. I see you like to lie about stupid shit so ion really trust you no more."

Yesterday was her baby shower and she was really hoping to see him but he didn't show up. He particularly told her the truth because his flight did get delayed but going to see Salem was never part of their plan.

Had he never went to see her, he would've made it there on time. Savannah cried herself to sleep last night from how disappointed she was.

She doesn't have feelings for him or anything like that but she just wanted them to have a good co-parent relationship and it wasn't starting off right.

"I am, I promise dis time. Did you get the stuff I set fa her at least?"

"Mmhm I got that last week, I appreciate it a lot. How is Lee?"

"She ite, i'm sure you talked to her already tho since y'all besties n shit."

"Definitely not besties I just wanna get along with everybody." She shrugged "I'm glad you ain't bitter."

"Never. I hate hoes like that I could never be bitter. Do you want her to have your last name?"

"Fasho"
"Only if you there to sign the birth certificate."

"Dets a bet. What you got a lil boyfriend a sum?" He asked looking at the shoes by her from door.

"Hell no. Them my brother shoes don't nobody want my pregnant ass right now."

"You'll be surprised what niggas like. Don't be doin' shit while you pregnant wit my baby tho."

"I'm not doing nothing and I haven't in so long. Don't worry about me anyway. Why you come here if the baby shower over?"

"To make sure you good. Is you good or you hate me too?"

"I'm fine, ion hate you at all. I just wish you woulda told me your situation. I know drugs and liquor was involved but you knew you were married. I don't fuck around with guys in relationships that shit so weird."

"I shoulda stopped myself iono what I was thinkin. But it's too late to change shit na. I'm gea fa you if you need me."

"Okay"

Savannah didn't have support from other people how Salem does but she didn't wanna take him away from her.

She felt like she messed their marriage up enough. The only time she'd even wanna talk to him was for Kyla.

•••

Jacourey finally made it back to Jacksonville safely. The house was quiet and empty.

He wanted to be with Salem for Christmas but she wouldn't let him come back so he decided to just invite his family over.

Christmas was a few weeks away tho so he'd still be lonely until the time came. He hadn't been talking to his friends because they weren't the best to be around all the time.

They weren't the loyal type at all so they didn't see why he was so hurt about what he did. They thought it was a joke so he fell back from them.

"Wassup?" He asked picking up the phone for Salem. "Look, we decorated his room today. You like it?" She asked flipping the camera.

"Yea I fuck wit it."

He didn't like that she was getting comfortable oit there because then she wouldn't wanna come back.

"What you doing?"

"I just got home from Atlanta. Why you tell Savannah I was witchu?"

"Because it just slipped out. You shoulda been with her anyways. Had I remembered her baby shower I would've told you to come after. I wouldn't want you picking her over me onna day like that so don't do shit like that to her whether y'all together or not."

One minute she fussin' at me then the next Savannah fussin' at me. A nigga just can't win.

"Who you be talkin' to like det?"
"You, aww you look sad." She laughed

"Fuck you"

"You already did, that's why i'm fat like this now. Imma talk to you another day i'm finna go out to eat."

"Ite be safe, love you."

"Okay" Salem quickly hung up on him then he sat there shaking his head.

"How da fuck I get myself in dis bullshit?" He questioned while walking upstairs.