𝟭𝟵

𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲 | 𝗙𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆
𝗦𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗺 𝗥𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗻, 𝟮𝟭

𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘂𝗲𝗱...

"I don't wanna go to jail Salem."

"Demi what happened?"

"He just came home drunk and started hitting on me so I shot him twice by accident. I asked him multiple times to get away from me but he didn't. I was scared I swear I didn't mean to the gun just kept going off."

"You not gone go to jail. They said he's still alive anyways."

Demi still loved him regardless she was just tired of repeating herself. She didn't know what would happen next but she didn't want him to hate her forever.

She wouldn't be mad at all if they broke up. She really just wanted him to stop drinking so they could at least have a good friendship or co-parent relationship.

"What if he hate me?"

"That man is crazy, okay? He can't blame nobody but himself for how you reacted. You gone stay with me tonight."

"I wanna go with my mom."
"Okay"

Well fuck her too then.

They watched the ambulance pull off before they left. Demi couldn't stop crying and Salem didn't know what to do.

Que and Jacourey were in Que's car following behind them.

"He's going through something so he just keeps drinking. I shoulda been more patient instead of getting my gun. They gone blame me n send me to jail."

"Either way that wasn't the first time so they can't say you just did it to do it. You had to defend yourself he's way stronger than you he coulda beat you to death."

"I feel really bad tho."

"Me too but people get what they deserve. You gone press charges on him?"

"No I think I did enough. Would I be stupid for staying with him?"

"Yea but that ain't my decision to make."

"I just don't want him to hate me."

"That don't mean you gotta kiss his ass. You were defending yourself. Demi just take my advice and don't go back to that man. Being cool for the baby is fine but anything else is doing too much."

"Okay you right." She nodded

Salem knew she'd probably do whatever she wanted anyway but either way she was gonna have her sisters back.

"I still love him a lot I just can't help that. Ion wanna be stupid about it."

"Please don't he done stressed you enough ion want you to lose your baby Demi."

"Me either"

In Salem's eyes Demi is a good person. She didn't deserve what she was getting because she never treated people bad.

•••

"Can you come to the hospital with me?"

"You sure you wanna go?"

"I don't want to but Akeil wanna see me."

"For?"

"Who knows"

"Iono if that's a good idea he prolly gone have the police up there waiting on you. You should prolly wait til he can go home."

"Okay I didn't wanna go anyway."

"We finna go call me in the morning or whenever you wake up. I love you Demi."

"I love you too." She replied hugging Salem.

Jacourey said his goodbyes to Demi then they left. The whole time he didn't say much and Salem didn't know what that was about.

"You okay?"

"I'm cool" He shrugged "No you not what's wrong?"

"I'm mad. Kinda feelin' like dis all my fault. She trusted me n shit n ian even get to protect her. She ain't tell Que she told me iono I just let her down. Shit coulda went way worse than that."

"Don't blame yourself. Keil is a grown man he knows wrong from right. Drunk or not putting your hands on a female ain't cool n he know that."

"Mmhm" He replied going completely silent after.

Salem was hungry so she picked up some Wendy's on the way home. Jacourey said he wasn't hungry but she got him food anyway.

"You know you want my lovin' baby. Got me twisted over you, boy you got me twisted over youuu!" Salem sang while kissing on him.

"Get out yo feelins bae it's gone be okay. I promise Demi not mad at you. Bein' mad at you ain't even crossed her mind."

"Det don't matter, i'm mad at me. It's just a fucked up situation cs she like my lil sister n he my homeboy. Ian wanna have to get in the middle a det shit."

"I feel you. She not mad tho just get out yo head. It's almost your birthday, what we doin?"

"I just wanna be witchu dassit."

"Want me to surprise you?" She smirked "Mmhm"

Salem laid back on the couch and pulled him on top of her. She didn't like it when he was in his feelings it made her feel bad.

"I like that you not scared to show yo emotions but you making me feel bad."

"I said i'm good Lee."

"I know what you said but I know you not telling me the truth Jacourey." She replied laying his head on her chest.

"It's okay not to be okay sometimes so if you not okay just say so. I won't judge you for feeling whatever you feel. Lying about it only gone make it worse for you."

"I'm ite Salem."
"Okay, gimme kiss."

He kissed her lips a few times then laid his head back down while rubbing the back of his neck.

"You wanna eat? We didn't eat all day."

"You can i'm good."

"No I said we like me n you. You needa eat sum Jacourey."

"Ion want to."

"Please? Just a lil bit?"

"Ite Salem"