Reconnecting

note:
HEY POOKIES, I'M RUNNING OUTTA INSPO FOR THIS BOOK SO THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST PART??? IDK YET. I WANNA WRITE A DIP BOOK BUT I'M GONNA FINISH THIS STORY FIRST AND THEN I'M JS GONNA DO A HUGE BOOK OF ONESHOTS 🫶🫶

ALSO TW 🤭

*
*
*
Tweek's POV
I can't remember much afterwards. I remember falling asleep on his chest, curled up on the sofa, my cheeks stiff with dried tears. I remember waking up to him gone, calling out to him, crying as he returned and held me close. I remember hyperventilating, crying so hard I couldn't breathe. And then I remember the peace, the quiet as he hummed our song to me.

(just pick any song you want for this i cba to pick one)

I remember waking up the next morning to soft kisses on my face. The smell of coffee filled the house. That day blurred heavily in my mind. I remember watching movies all day, clinging to Craig, he claims that we talked, all day and half of the night.

Regardless, the next day was spent talking. Definitely.

"Babe. I know you say that cleaning is just to help you cope, but are you sure? You wince every time I move something."

"I'm just used to having the place to myself. It's been months Craig. I just need to- to readjust to having company, ok?"

He looked at me doubtfully. Then, he shrugged. He got up from the sofa, walking around the house, up the stairs, into the guest room. I heard the sound of things being moved, my tidiness being disturbed. My leg began to bounce, my head throbbed as I listened to his move to the next room.

I refused to believe that the disruption of my cleaning was affecting me. It wasn't.

Or was it?

The idea of the house returning to its old state scared me. I heard him hesitate in the doorway of his own room. I had left it the same. It was too painful to go in there. I clutched my head as he crept back down the stairs. He grabbed my hands, forcing me to look him in his eyes.

"Cmon. You need to see it babe."

My eyes welled with tears as he gently guided me up the stairs. I squeeze my eyes shut as he leads me into the first room.

"Hey... Hey... It's ok babe. Nothing bad is gonna happen, ok? Take a look."

I carefully peek at the room. The bed sheets are crumpled and strewn across the floor, the drawers have all been opened, even the clothes hangers have been thrown around.

My breath shortens as I look into the mess. The urge to fix it grows and grows until I can't take it. I bury my face in Craig's chest and sob. He wraps his arms around my shoulders and kisses my head softly.

"I know.. It's ok." He whispers, "It's ok babe. I'm here.. It's ok."

He leads me out of the room and into the bathroom. The scene is slightly better here. Our toothbrushes have been placed on the side of the sink rather than in the glass, and the mouth wash has the lid off. My tears slowly cease as I look at the minimal damage.

"See? Nothing bad is going to happen, ok?" He mumbles, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

I nod, clinging to him.