Happy birthday... (i)

Tw: shitty family and relapse

*
*
*

Craig's POV
August 17. Two days from now.

(don't attack me, I cba to keep up with time. plus google said that's when Tweek's bday is so suck my balls)

Tweek was still staying with me, which was totally fine. I loved him with all my heart. His parents had come round multiple times, threatening police and CPS and other such nonsense. But I had quickly shut it down by reminding them that they were the ones abusing and drugging Tweek.

I wanted his birthday to be special. Since parties and other social events were crossed off the list, I decided on a quiet night in. Just me and him, a couple of games, dinner, movies, and presents.

I wanted to get him something special, something that only he could have. So, I called Kyle.

At some point, he had learnt to crochet, and I knew he could finish something in as quick as a day if needed. I told him my vision, offered a price. He refused my money, saying this was the least he could do for me. He agreed to drop it off while Tweek was out, so as he didn't know it was made by Kyle.

I had gathered cake ingredients, wrapping paper, a notebook, pictures, macaroni cheese for dinner, and a whole basket of films to watch. Tweek's birthday this year was a Thursday, meaning we'd have school the next day. But I'd planned to call in sick and stay home with Tweek to celebrate.

Tweek always did after school club on Thursday, so when the day came, I rushed home. I had about an hour and a half. I began to cook the pasta for Mac and cheese, set up a tray of snacks and movies. I sat at the kitchen table, cutting and sticking pictures and stickers and writing captions. I wrapped and placed everything carefully on the sofa. I plated and displayed the pasta, and iced the cake. I had made it the day prior as Tweek slept.

4:43pm.

He should be home any moment.

The door edged open and Tweek snuck out from behind it. Tears painted his face, blood laced his hands. He tried to slip past me, but I caught him by the shoulder.

"Hey, hey. What happened babe?"

He sniffed and fell into my shoulder. He didn't cry again, just closed his eyes and breathed deeply. I picked him up and carried him to my room, finding a black shirt and some shorts. He changed, scrubbed the tears from his cheeks and allowed me to cleanse and bandage his hands.

I sat on the edge of the bed with him.

"Look... You don't have to tell me what happened. But I don't want it to turn into something that hurts you. If you wanna tell me, then you can, if not, then that's fine."

He sighed and leant against my shoulder. He licked his lips nervously, and began to speak.

"My, uh, parents, waited a-after school. They w-walked with m-me, told me how they'd p-payed Cartman to take pictures a-and guilt t-trip me. I told them to fuck off.. But, uh... I-I guess they never cared what I had to say. A-And they.. they poured coffee... o-over my hands..."

He was crying by the end. Not hysterically sobbing, barely letting the tears fall from his eyes. But crying nonetheless. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his head and face and neck. I whispered reassurance and comfort to him. He shook his head and wiped his eyes, but never fully sunk into the comfort.

He acted as though nothing had happened, walking back downstairs and going outside to walk back in. He acted shocked and sat with me to eat the lukewarm pasta. He nibbled a slice of cake, nestled with me in the sofa to watch UP. He opened the presents great fully, lying the sage green beanie over his hair immediately. He thumbed through the memory book I'd made him, fresh tears pricking his eyes.

We watched film after film until he drifted to sleep. I gently transferred his head from my lap to a cushion and disappeared to the bathroom. It felt selfish and stupid to be doing it over someone else's problems, but I couldn't help myself.

Fresh blood trickles down my thigh, stopping as I pressed antiseptic wipes to it. I bandaged and covered, as I'd always done. My phone was in my room, buzzing with notifications.

Most were from mine and Tweek's friends, wishing him a happy birthday in the group chats. One was from the news, Tweek's Parents had been arrested for stalking, harassment, drug abuse and child abuse.

The last one was from Tweek himself. He had text me, 4:15pm.

Tweek: if anything happens, i love you.

He had expected the worst. He had text a goodbye message. Tears sprung to my eyes as it sunk in just how scared Tweek must've been, just how little I'd done to help him.

I scrolled my contacts briefly, finding Clyde and quickly ringing the number. He picked up on the fourth ring.

"Yo. You good?"

"It happened. Again."

"Ok, don't worry. Do you need me to come round?"

"No, I cleaned and bandaged. I might need some extra support at the weekend though."

"Of course dude. Make sure you're ok? I'll see you Friday after school."

"Thanks Clyde."

The line went dead as he hung up. I held the phone for a few seconds, before throwing it at the wall as hard as I could.

End.

*
*
*

A/N
i got lazy during this. Can you tell? Probs.

enjoy whatever it is and have a merry almost my birthday 🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥