Iceskating

Craig's POV
The storms had finally cleared. The temperature had dropped, snow and ice had descended. Every drop of water had been frozen over, every rooftop was coated in a powdery snow.

A few years ago, my aunt had brought me ice skates for my birthday. I had tried them immediately, failed, and given up. Last year, when everything seemed hopeless and useless, I had rediscovered them. They still fit, they had probably been a few sizes too big to start with. I had learnt how to skate.

Nearby, a small lake had frozen over. The ice was thick, at least 4 inches of solid, murky ice. Everyone was either snowed in, or forbidden from going out, so I was pretty lonely. So I grabbed my skates.

I layered up, gloves, hat, jumper, coat, socks. I couldn't decide between jeans or joggers. In the end, I found some long forgotten cargos that still fitted. I packed a bag, a thermal of coffee, some snacks, another jumper and my phone. I picked up my skates, pulled some trainers on, and headed to the lake.

The lake was perfectly smooth. Snow dusted the edges, the ice glinted in the frosty sun. I swapped my trainers for skates and glided across the ice. For a while, I simply slid across the ice, getting used to the feel, preparing. I picked up a bit of speed, lapping the edge of the lap over and over. I could spend all day on the ice. And I intended to.

Tweek's POV
My parents had forbidden me from leaving the house. It wasn't fair, they still went to work, they still walked across the frictionless ice without incident. I huffed and hid in my room under several blankets.

I found my phone and text Craig.

Tweek: Hey!! Are you busy??

Craig: Not really honey! How are you <33

Tweek: bored, my parents won't let me out. It's so unfair!!

Craig: my parents don't mind, they told me if I got hurt it was my own fault. Want me to come round <3

Tweek: If you wanna come round, I don't wanna pressure you into it or anything because that would be mean and inconsiderate and I don't wanna be like that!!
Tweek: Sorry, that probably didn't make sense!!

Craig: Don't worry honey <33 I'm omw

I sighed wistfully. I really liked Craig, he always made me feel so safe and peaceful. He made me feel amazing.

Ten minutes later, I hear knocking at the door. I pull a jumper over my pajamas and answer it.

"Hey babe!"
"Hey Craig! You look cold, are you ok?"
"I'm fine honey, I've been skating for a bit." He said, smiling softly. I loved his smile.

"Come in! Do you want a drink?" I said, closing the door behind him.

"No thanks honey," he said, stealing a kiss as he walked past, "I have one."

Even though the kiss was brief I could feel how icy his lips were. How they were chapped with cold.

"Are you coming?"
He asked, waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

I followed after him quickly, grabbing his hand as I caught up.

We layed on my bed, wrapped in blankets, sipping the lukewarm coffee Craig had brought.