Epilogue

7 months later

You're pretty sure it's 8 am when your door bursts open and that husky voice you're so familiar with starts singing, making you smile sleepily as you sit up in your bed.

You were on baby duty last night so you got to 'sleep in late' while Bucky took care of Ava's morning routine.

It's not like you were up all night because that baby is a miracle. She barely cries but she still wakes up scared sometimes, using her glowing blue chubby hands to get off her crib and crawl to the foot of your bed.

Usually, you put her back on her crib after she's asleep but, when it's your husband's turn to watch her, she usually ends up snuggled between the both of you. She's his weakness.

"Her and her puffy cheeks." He always says.

"Happy birthday, babe!" Natasha beams, setting the cake on your nightstand.

"Thank you, Nat." You hug her, blowing on the candles.

"You're welcome." She smiles back. "I'm really going to miss you." Her smile falling.

Natasha and Steve decided to move out of the compound so they could start a normal life as a couple.

A few months ago, Steve proposed to her in the strangest but perfect way for the two of them and Natasha finally said yes.

You had a chat with her while you were playing with Ava a few weeks ago and you felt that she wanted to tell you something so you asked. You couldn't help but cry when she told you that it hurt her a lot not to be able to give Steve a child of his own. All thanks to Hydra.
She knows that there is still the option to adopt, that's what you did and, as much as you love your daughter with all your life, you understand that it's not even close to the experience of having a child with your blood running through your veins.

Returning to the moving thing, Tony had a great idea, since everyone already has a life and a partner, to create a place where the team remains united but, each one in his own home.

The Stark Condo, he calls it.

Natasha and Steve, Wanda and Vision, Tony, Pepper and Morgan, have their houses in the making there and in the process of moving.

"I'm gonna miss you too." You whisper, hugging her again. "Thank you for everything, Nat. I love you."

"I love you too, kid." She smiles, wrapping her arms around you. "Though you're no longer a kid, I see." Glancing back at the babyless crib.

The need to see your daughter, hug her and crush her cheeks in your hands has you jumping out of bed.

You know Bucky must be downstairs eating breakfast and keeping his princess safe and you can't wait to see them again, but you know very well that if you don't follow the directions Steve gave you yesterday, you're going to be a rotten egg.

You slowly flop down on your bed, listening to Natasha laugh and seeing her shake her head.

"I won't blame you." She says, walking to the door. "Those puffy cheeks are addictive."

"Shut up." You groan.

"And let's not start about those chubby feet..." Closing the door behind her.

"You're mean!" You chuckle, getting ready to take a shower.

— — —

You're putting on your earrings when you hear him whistle. "Damn." Strong hands surrounding your waist as his face nuzzles your neck. "I'm so lucky."