71

Bucky's Pov

"Please. It'll just take a minute." Her green eyes soften at me and I nod, following her to the TV room where all the team is gathered.

I don't know why she's talking to me after how I treated her last week but—I don't even care about anything anymore.

I groan when she makes me sit in the middle of everyone, facing the TV as she runs to put a...tape?

I swear to god, if this is some motivational video about how today is the 4th of July and stuff, I'm gonna stand up and leave.

"Before I play this..." Natasha starts. "I just wanted you to know that she wanted it this way. Please just listen." Pressing play.

[ When The Party Is Over- Billie Eilish]

"I think people tend to dress up for this kind of thing but I just came out of the most boring meeting with Steve and Fury so don't judge me." My head snaps up at the sound of her voice. Throat knotting at the sight of her beautiful face. "I'm talking to you, Tony." Her dark brow rises and a small smile tugs at mi lips for the first time in weeks.

"Romanoff?" Stark's voice cracks and I look at him. Tears in his eyes as they meet Natasha's.

"Just watch and listen." She nods, turning her face back to the screen.

"I know this might be weird but...you deserve an explanation about everything and that's what I'm gonna do." Her eyes drop and I know she's got something in her hands.

"Ooooh, what are we watching?" Sam enters the room and stares at all of us, eyes fixing on the screen. "Sex tape?"

I'm about to flip him off when her soft voice makes my heart jump to life again. "And no, this isn't a sex tape. Sorry, Sam." Smile so wide it makes my eyes sting.

"Is like she can hear us." Sam sits next to me, eyes fixed on the screen as he realizes what's happening.

"I wrote something so I wouldn't forget and...I'll try to explain this the best I can." Her smile dropping as she shifts in her place. "First of all, I want to thank you for welcoming me as one of yours. I am so grateful to have met all of you." Her throat bobbing with a hard swallow.

"Tony, I want to thank you for always taking care of me and having my back like any father would for his daughter." I hear Tony sniff as his eyes drop to the floor. "I don't know much about parents but for me, you did a fantastic job. Thanks to you and Pepper for letting me live a bit of that experience. I'm sure you'll be great parents to Morgan." The paper in her hands rustling.

"Bruce, I have to thank you for the thousand times you've brought me back to life, and even though you couldn't do it this time, I know that if you had the chance, you would have." Banner chuckles and shakes his head at the screen. A huge smile on his face. "Thank you for always taking the time to listen to my teenager stuff and explain to me how each of the things in your lab works. Even though I no longer remember the name of 99% of them, I really appreciate your patience. Love you jolly-green."

"Clint, thank you for always protecting me. For always caring about my well-being and having my back even when you were far away and think I wouldn't notice." Smiling brightly at the paper in her hands. "I hope baby Nathaniel looks nothing like his father. " Her beautiful face wrinkling in disgust.

"He wishes he looked like me." Clint scoffs, wiping under his eyes.

"Thor and Sam, thank you for all the laughs you have stolen from me. For accompanying me and teaching me the best pranks and games that a girl like me could wish for." Lifting her shy gaze. "That time we filled the shoes that Tony kept bragging about with shaving cream was epic!" Her flushed cheeks making me want to cry. "Keep up the mischief, please."