76

Ana's Pov

3 weeks later

Bruce cleared me out for training a week ago. I was out for two weeks and had to go through physical therapy because of how flaccid my muscles were. They said the serum I had was 10 ways better than the one Bucky and Steve have and that's what made me recover quickly.

Speaking of Bucky, we've become great friends and I spend most of my time with him and Ale. Which is hilarious because they really hate each other. All the contrary to her and Tony, who seemed to click fast enough.

Natasha is also there for me, telling me about the times we went out together but still not telling me everything. Just like everyone else.

I let that go because if they're not saying it, there might be an important reason behind it.

"Ha! I win!" I pant, trappings his torso between my arms. Eyes glowing blue in effort as my hips push his down. "Got you on bottom, Sarge."

"Uh...yeah." Bucky clears his throat, his cheeks turning rosy making me frown.

He's been helping me train and recover my strength for a while now. Not just physically but he's always there for me when I don't feel good or have one of those terrible nightmares.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" I ask worriedly, looking down at his body.

"No, never. It's just—" His gaze falls to his lap where I'm sitting and that's when I become aware of what's happening.

Fuck.

"I'm sorry!" I jump, cheeks flaming hot at the feeling of him pushing against me. Swallowing hard at the familiar feeling setting between my legs.

"I'm sorry." Bucky shakes his head. His ears red. "Let's continue." Readjusting his pants before getting back to his position.

We train for 1 more hour until I can't move to stand up from the floor. Back sticky with sweat and eyes beginning to flutter shut from the exhaustion.

"There we go." Bucky helps me up, his metal hand firm on my waist. "Let's go get some food."

— — —

"See you later then, Doll." Bucky smiles at me, kissing the top of my head as I try to focus on my cereal and not the butterflies attacking my belly. "Try to rest."

And with that, he leaves the kitchen, leaving me sitting at the counter with a bowl full of cereal and a blush that makes my face feel hot.

"So, he kisses you and calls you Doll?" Her voice makes me jump. A bit of the milk in my cereal dripping onto the counter and my bare legs.

"Jesus," I gasp. "you can't just sneak up on me like that." Getting off the counter with my bowl in hand. There's no way I can finish eating.

"I'm sorry." Ale smirks. She's not sorry at all. "You didn't answer my question, though."

"What question?" I play dumb, shoving a full spoon in my mouth, suddenly hungry.

Liar.

"Bucky," She walks closer. "He kisses your forehead and calls you doll and you're not...together?"

I instantly blush, chewing faster before I choke on the cereal.

"It's not—it's nothing like that." I slur.

"So, you're not together?" Ale nods three times.

"No we're not." I snap at her. "We're just—"

"Not yet, anyways." She cuts me off, stealing my spoon.