41

October 31.

Natasha and you decorated the Compound from the outside in. Starting at the entrance, hanging spiders on their webs and placing tombstones on each side of the door. You continued through the main room, where all the guests will be. The last place being the small area where the team gathers when the party ends.

Frowning, Natasha reaches up to turn her 5 foot 7 into a 6 foot as she hangs the last of the cobwebs in the corners of the room, a sound of disgust escaping her lips as you hand her one of the furry spiders.

"And..." She jumps off the chair where she was standing. "we're done!" Beaming at you.

"Finally." You sigh, high-fiving her.

A stabbing pain in your head makes you squeeze your eyes shut, your face scrunching up in pain.

"Good job Agent, the boss wants you to get rid of the body, no witnesses." The sound of a male voice reverberates in your ear, thick Russian accent in his words. 

Tall walls full of diamond-patterned wallpaper. It seemed like you were in a room, a big, luxurious room. From the ceiling hung a large chandelier, filled with crystals that fell in a diamond shape, illuminating the room. 

In front of you was a giant bed with two people lying on it, a woman and a man. Both with a bullet mark between their eyebrows. Blood dripping from it, their expression filled with terror. 

Terrified, you looked down at your hands, finding a revolver with 3 out of 5 bullets fired. 

You quickly threw it to the floor, kicking it under the bed before starting to suffocate, your hands pressing hard against your chest, trying to calm your heavy breaths.

"Agent?" That male voice spoke again through your earpiece, causing you to regain your composure, bending down to pick up the gun from under the bed and shoving it between your pants and abdomen, covering it with your shirt. You walked over to the bodies, pushing them out of bed to pick up the woman and carrying her to the lake. 

Someone shaking your body makes you blink, finding a redhead looking at you with concern in her eyes and face.

"Y/n?" Natasha asks, her eyes searching yours.

"Yes?" You swallow, inhaling deeply through your nose and offering her a soft smile afterward.

"What the fuck just happened?" She blinks, crossing her arms over her chest as she waits for an answer.

"I—I don't know." You sigh, shaking your head. "I'm sorry. That happens."

"Are you okay?" Natasha asks once more, her tone more relaxed and with a hint of concern.

"Yeah, fine." You lie. "Just thinking about tonight." Smiling softly at her.

"Okay." She nods. "I'll go get ready for the party, let me know if you need anything, okay?" Stopping at the kitchen door before leaving.

"Sure, thank you. We did a great job!" Looking around, surprised by the decoration.

"We sure did babe!" Natasha sing-songs, leaving the kitchen and heading for her room.

— — —

"Y/n? Are you ready?"

Wanda's voice makes you panic as you're not quite ready for the party. You quickly brush your hair and put on your shoes before opening the door.

"I'm sorry, I know I was supposed to meet you downstairs to steal some food and—"

She cuts you off with a chuckle, staring you up and down. "You do know you're supposed to be scary right?"