70

3 weeks later. 

Your death has been all over the news. In every TV. In every newspaper and, in all of the teams heart and mind.

They had to find out later when Steve, Natasha and a broken Bucky returned to the compound. Her looking beaten and the two super soldiers looking lifeless.

"What the hell happened to you Romanoff?" Tony asked worriedly when Natasha entered the building.

"You look like crap, Nat." Sam teased as Natasha walked in, holding on her side with tears in her eyes.

Bucky went upstairs without saying a word after making sure Natasha was on the couch, causing Steve to let out a deep sigh and Tony and Sam to be confused towards his attitude.

"What happened?" Tony frowned, realizing that something was off.

"Well—" Steve was cut off by Bucky's heavy steps towards the door.

He was carrying a suitcase in hand while his eyes were completely red and swollen. Jaw clenched and determination in his steps as he pushed the door open and walked out.

Sam frowned as he watched him leave before turning to see Steve, who had tears in his eyes and let his head drop before going after him.

"What the fuck is going on?" Sam asked worriedly, following him out.

"Bucky!" Steve yelled, chasing after Bucky.

Tony followed close behind, confusion in his eyes. 

"Bucky, you can't leave." Steve told him, out of breath at chasing him all the way to the parking lot.

"How are you asking me to stay, Steve?" Bucky sighed, throwing his duffel bag inside the trunk. "Don't be so selfish."

"I know you're hurt but you need us to—"

"Don't. Please just don't say anything." Bucky pleaded, resting his forehead against the trunk. "What I need is her. And I can't have that so I'm leaving." Closing it loudly.

"You can't leave, not now." Steve sighed, reaching for him. "We have to stick together."

More hurried steps stopped next to Steve.

"What's going on? Why is he leaving?" Wanda asked confused.

"Bucky, please you have to reconsider—"

"No!" Bucky snapped, turning to face his best friend. "I'm not staying here where every fucking thing will remind me of her!" Slamming the driver door open.

"Oh, not this again..." Tony rolled his eyes. "If this is about a puny breakup again, I don't have the time for it. I'll talk to the kid later."

"You can't, you fucking asshole!" Bucky snapped with tears in his eyes. "I wish this was about that. Now, let me fucking go before I hurt someone." Staring at Steve's eyes.

"Woah, calm your ass down, tin-man!" Tony scoffed.

"I'm leaving, Steve." Bucky sighed. "I know she was your friend but I can't..." Letting his head drop.

"All right," Steve hugged Bucky. "Just please come back when you're ready, okay?" Resting his forehead with his.

"I will." Bucky nodded before getting in his car and driving away.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Tony frowned.

"What happened to Natasha?" Clint hissed.