23

"Hey, Doll." His hoarse voice makes your eyes flutter open.

Shit, I fell asleep.

You groan, hiding your face in the crook of his neck before placing a soft, sleepy kiss to his skin.

"Good morning." Bucky whispers against your hair, making a shiver run down your spine.

"Morning." You yawn, still hiding in him.

"Love," Bucky wiggles in bed. "you have to stop doing that." He nods at your hand under his shirt running up and down his abdomen.

"Sorry." You mumble. "I need to make sure you're not—" Bleeding to death.

"I am not." You feel his chest shake with laughter. "But you have to stop doing that before I—"

"Okay, I'll stop." You blurt out, grinning up at him. "Can I just rest it there?"

"Yeah." Bucky nods, covering your hand from outside of his shirt.

"How are you feeling?" You ask, sitting up a bit when you realize you're on top of him.

"I feel better." His metal hand yanks you back down by your hip. "Rested."

"Glad to hear that." You sigh. "Do you know what time is it?"

"Umm," Bucky narrows his eyes at his side, trying to read the time in the digital clock. "Around nine. Why?"

"Oh," You yawn, realizing you slept more than 4 hours without waking up or having a nightmare. "Wait, you said—"

"Morning!" His voice makes you freeze. You feel Bucky stiffen under you. "What the fuck?"

He barely curses.

You quickly sit up on the bed, moving your body as far away from Bucky's as possible before you realize your hand is still under his shirt. Under his shirt, under the blanket. Where it seems to rest somewhere other than his hip.

Double shit.

"Steve I—" You start but he is already storming out of the room. "Fuck, I have to go."

"Doll—" Bucky winces when your hand leaves his side.

"Sorry. I have to go." You jump out of his bed, tripping over your feet.

You sprint out of the room, chasing after Steve to explain exactly what? You really should take this opportunity to come clean about yourself and Bucky. But there's no point explaining something to Steve that doesn't have a name yet.

It's been only 2 weeks since you found out that Bucky was alive and only 2 days since you were able to exchange words with him. Always keeping your distance from him until you decided to talk to Steve.

But what exactly to tell him?

You catch Steve's forearm at the end of the hall. "Please, wait."

"I'm glad you were able to sleep well." Steve frees himself from your grip.

"It wasn't—It's not what you think it is." You sigh, clenching your fists on your sides.

"So, you were not in the same bed as Bucky?" Steve scoffs in disbelief. His blue eyes narrowed.

"Well, yes but," You groan. "It wasn't like that. He had a nightmare, I heard him and I tried to help but I fell asleep." Trying to explain.

"In the same bed." Steve corrects you. "Spooning."

"We were not spooning—" You frown.

"Y/n, I know what I saw." He snaps, walking closer to you.