72

Bucky's Pov

"This fucking missions and fucking bases." I groan, making Steve chuckle.

"This is the last one, Pal." He pats my shoulder. "I promise. Then we can go to vacation!" Grinning down at Natasha.

"Not sure how well will that go, babe." Natasha   shrugs. "It's always a disaster trying to decide the destination."

"We'll be fine." Steve smiles at me. "We need some peace."

Natasha nods. "Damn right we do." Rubbing her temples before sitting down.

"Morning, everyone." Fury starts. "Nothing new to report—Except for the probability of hostages in this base. If found, the mission is to extract and then blow that damn thing up." Shaking his head. "Let's pray for this to be the last one. I need a vacation." Gathering his things. "Good luck." Aaand leaving.

"Inspiring." Sam whispers, chewing on some...gummy bears?

"Let's get to the jet." Stark sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "We seriously need a vacation."

I laugh, standing up. "We fucking do." My smile falling as I leave the room. "Probably we just need you."

— — —

"Try to get some rest. We're going to need it." Steve announces. "It's a long way till we're there." Sitting next to Natasha.

"You should listen to him, Barnes." Natasha teases, bright green eyes staring at me. "You look like shit."

I glare at her. "You can be so sweet." Showing her my fakest smile before laughing.

"I know." Snuggling closer to Steve when the jet starts. "Really, Barnes. Sleep until we get there. You need it." Her knowing smile making me realize she knows I can't sleep at night.

Damn you, Steve.

— — —

Her wiggling feet resting on my lap as I read a book. Her tiny fingers tapping on her phone as she concentrates on that stupid game that I can't seem to understand. Or win. Or anything.

I feel her gaze on me and I can't help but smile behind my book. I fucking love it when she checks me out and thinks I don't notice it. 

Her loving eyes fixed on me makes her loose her game and, followed by a groan theres a whispered curse that makes me chuckle silently.

"You're staring." I look up from my book, meeting her eyes as her cheeks turn red.

"Sorry." Y/n clears her throat, eyes falling to her screen again.

"Don't worry. I like it when you check me out." I shrug, getting back to my book.

"How could I not?" Her small whisper catches my attention. Knowing she didn't mean for me to hear it.

"Care to elaborate, Dollface?" I close the book, enjoying how her cheeks flame and her eyes don't meet mine. When she stays silent, I move closer, nudging her chin up with the corner of my book. "I asked you something."

"I-I was just staying..." Her stuttering making me grin.

"We're back to stuttering, Stutters?" I sigh, letting my book drop to the floor as I reach for her hips and pull her onto my lap in one swift move.

"Bucky—" Her phone hitting the ground making her eyes widen before she bursts out laughing.

I look at her. Really look at her.
Her rosy lips parted with a heavy sigh that makes me internally groan. Those bright eyes making my chest swell with love and wanting me to protect her forever.