Pool - Scarlett X Reader

Based on real-life experiences. (It's going to make sense dw!)

Third person POV

It's a simple Friday evening, Some of the Avengers cast has gotten together at Downey's house to swim around in his pool, and grill and have fun.

The last to arrive are Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans. As soon as Scarlett walks through the door, Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan notice how Y/n's eyes follow her every move.

"I'll bet you 20 bucks that she's got her real number by the end of the night," Mackie whispers to Stan, who grabs his hand and shakes it.

"Let's jump in the pool guys," Downey says and people get into bathrooms/bedrooms to change into their swimsuits.

Again, both Mackie and Stan notice how Y/n's eyes scan over Scarlett in her swimsuit. Mackie poked Stan in the side whilst snickering. Having convinced himself already that Stan is going to end up losing 20 bucks.

They get into the pool, some staying in the shallow end enjoying both the water and the sun, others out in the deep end playing with whatever pool toys Downey has.

Y/n and Scarlett aren't engaging in either, they are standing in the deep end by the side, making small conversation. On the other side of the pool, Mackie and Stan are standing almost submerged, only nose and eyes poking out, staring down the women.

Mackie pokes his mouth over the water "I can already feel the 20 bucks," Stan rolls his eyes.

After 30 minutes, Downey, Evans, and Hemsworth got out to start grilling some food. Olsen and Bettany had gotten out of the water but stayed on the sun beds.

Stan and Mackie removed their attention from the women and started small talking, simply because the two women started splashing water at each other which wasn't that interesting.

When Mackie did look over though, Y/n was standing back pressed against Scarlett's front, laughing. "You better get ready to pay up Stan," Mackie says and ends back up in the old submerged, staring-down position he was in before. 

 After an hour Mackie and Stan got out of the water and walked back inside, Olsen and Bethany followed closely behind them, as they were all hungry. 

After dinner, Stan and Mackie are standing by the kitchen counter, which conveniently gives them an entire view over the living room, which is where Scarlett and Y/n are sitting. Y/n's head is on Scarlett's shoulder, and they are looking at things on her phone. Mackie moves his eyebrows as he takes a sip of his beer while looking over at Stan. 

"I can already feel the bucks in my wallet," Mackie says and throws his can out. 

"In your dreams cinderella," Stan laughs as the two walk back out to the others. 

Two hours later Stan, Mackie, and Y/n have agreed on sharing the price of a cab, so they are putting on their shoes and hugging the remaining people goodbye. Y/n's hug with Scarlett lasted longer than anticipated and expected. The door closes behind Stan and they are walking up the stairs to get to the street. "So Y/n, did you get Scarlett's actual number?" Mackie questions. 

Y/n looks at him confused, "No?" She responds with furrowed brows and Stan cheers in victory, Mackie groaning in defeat. "Okay, what just happened?" She asks the pair as Mackie reluctantly slips a 20-dollar bill over to Stan. 

The two men share a look and Stan nods, "We made a bet when Scarlett arrived on whether or not you would get her number before we left tonight, and Mackie just lost 20 dollars, so you can guess who won," He explains.

Y/n laughs at the too and shakes her head. "I cannot believe that the two of you are betting on my love life, especially with somebody like Scarlett, come on guys, get a grip, never in a million years," 

Y/n's sentence is cut short by someone yelling her name down the stairs, and it is none other than Scarlett running up to her, "Before you leave, you forgot something, just wanted to make sure you didn't have to come all the way back here tomorrow," She smiles and hands Y/n a piece of paper. 

"Thanks, goodbye Scarlett," She says and watches the woman run back down the stairs. She opens the note and smiles, "Stan," The man hums as his name is mentioned. 

"Give Mackie his 20 dollars back, and add another twenty to that," Mackie is now cheering in victory as he gets his money, and Stan is protesting, because if you ask him they technically left the house before she got the number, and this complaining went on till he left the taxi when they got to his house. 

Okay, backstory, me and my youngest sister are basically Stan and Mackie in this and we made the bet, and my sister is Y/n in this case she didn't acc get the snap before we got back to our hotel, because I got it from "Scarlett's" sister, so I ended up owing my other sister 20 dollars. And I only made this chapter for shits n giggles.