- Acting - Scarlett X Child

We are trying out they/them pronouns and if I did anything wrong please correct me and I will take notes. I will say that this is my first time using they/them so please bear with me :)

"Mother" you call from the living room, "yeah?" she yells back, expecting that she would just come to you you stayed put on the couch. After about 5 minutes of waiting you got up and walked to the kitchen, "mom," you say to her back "yes?" She isn't really paying attention, you roll your eyes and sigh. She turns to look at you and you take a breath while sitting down on one of the kitchen counters.

"What's up, darling? You okay?" She says and places her empty glass in the sink, "well, I've been thinking. As I've been on a long break from acting;" "because of your accident, yes" she interrupts "yes, because of my accident, I've been thinking about going back to filming, mostly considering they are starting with all the marvel projects again" you say hoping she might reconsider the answer the gave last time, "well, I don't know. I mean obviously it's your career and you can mostly do with it what you please, but then again, I am worried it might happen again" she says and does that worried mom sigh.

She walks over to you and gently grabs your chin, she lifts it and kisses your nose which makes you smile a little, "I just want you to stay safe, okay? I can't lose you again" she says and you pull her in for a hug, "but okay, I can talk with some of the guys at the studio and see what they can do," she says making her decision final, no going back now, she thinks to herself and walks towards the stairs to get her purse from her room.

"Mom," you yell out and she stops in her tracks to look at you, she nods and you continue speaking, "you're not going to lose me, I promise. Plus considering our age difference you are probably going to die first no offense" you laugh, she makes a face and continues going upstairs.

1 year ago

Scarlett POV

Y/N is so excited about today, it's their first time doing one of their own stunts, am I nervous? most definitely, but I am also very proud, they have come a long way since the last movie they were in. We walked into the place where the scene is and they hurried over to the stunt director and put them on a wire, the director told them where to go and they walked over to the ladder and climbed up.

"Okay, Scarlett, I'm gonna need you to move over here behind the directors and I will just show them where they are supposed to land, just like when you are the on on the wire, okay?" The stunt director tells me and I nod and move over behind the directors as I was told. "So, Y/N what you're going to do is when I say 'action' wait for a second or two then Jackie is going to shoot you and you fall backward over the edge, and when you land just stay still till I yell cut," The stunt director tells them, they nod and walk towards the edge, which honestly makes my heart race a little.

"Oh, and before we start, Y/N if you aren't cool with it just tell us and we will get your stunt double, got it?" The guy tells them and they again nod it off and everybody gets in position. Right before they start and the director yells action I say a short prayer in my head hoping that everything goes well.

"And action" the director yells, everything goes as it's supposed to, the villain shoots at Y/N's character and she falls back off the so called building, "and cut" the director yell and I start making small talk with the woman next to me, knowing full and well we aren't allowed to go in front of the camera till the staff tell us otherwise, though I am sensing something is wrong. And as I hear a scream and turn my head towards where the sound is coming from my heart breaks.

The stunt director is quick to get the wire off them, and I run over to where they are trying to figure out what's going on. I get over there and my child's numb motionless body is laying on the floor with blood seeping out from their stomach, "the gun went off" I say silently and look at the director who is already on the phone with 911, tears start dwelling in my eyes and a few start running down my cheeks.

At the hospital

"Miss Johansson, I'm just here to inform you that your daughter is fine, and we expect a full recovery" the doctor tells me, "my kid uses they/them, sorry I didn't tell you" I let him know and he apologizes quickly, I stand up and follow him to their room.

When we reach their room there are wires running from walls and monitors into more machines, and it's not like I haven't seen this before it's just the fact that it's Y/N laying there helplessly because I couldn't protect them.

"The only thing you have to watch out for is to make sure they eat and take the antibiotics with water, if you have any concerns or questions don't hesitate to ask a nurse to page me. And we should be able to discharge them if everything goes well in a few days" the doctor informs me and then goes on his way. Thank god.