Chapter 61

The rain continued to fall as the sound of the downpour echoed their inner turmoil, mirroring the turbulent state of their relationship.

As Karishma continued to walk away, lost in her own world of pain, each step sent waves of agony crashing through Haseena's heart. Haseena's tear-filled eyes remained fixed on Karishma, unable to tear herself away from the sight of her fading presence as she sobbed uncontrollably.

Karishma, in her daze, reached the middle of the road. The screeching of tires pierced the air, tearing through the symphony of rain. Haseena's heart stopped as she witnessed the horrifying scene unfolding before her. In a moment of sheer terror, she screamed with every fiber of her being, "Karishmmaaaaa!"

The sight of Karishma's body being thrown into the air by the force of impact before crashing onto the pavement, her head striking the concrete, left Haseena paralyzed with shock and terror.

The sound of raindrops instantly snapped Haseena out of her daze, and she sprinted towards Karishma, tears streaming down her face. Her hands trembled as she gently cradled Karishma's injured head in her lap. The sight of blood covering Karishma's face and her head bleeding profusely sent waves of unbearable pain through Haseena's heart. She tenderly patted Karishma's face and cried out her name, "Krishu, Krishu, uthiye na."

The driver of the car, who had returned to assist, called emergency services for help, realizing the severity of Karishma's condition. He provided Haseena with a cloth to tie around Karishma's head, trying to control the bleeding. Karishma weakly opened her eyes, struggling to keep them open while raindrops made it even more challenging. Haseena murmured reassuringly, "Kuch nahi hoga aapko thik hai. Everything will be alright, you'll be fine."

Interrupting their interaction, the driver informed Haseena, "Ma'am, help will arrive in the next 10 minutes, but due to the heavy rain, there might be a delay. They advised us not to let the patient lose consciousness, as it could be dangerous.

Haseena nodded, acknowledging the driver's concern, but her focus remained fixed on Karishma, who was in immense pain. She reassured Karishma, "Help is on the way, Krishu. Don't worry, we'll reach the hospital, and everything will be fine." Her words carried a mix of reassurance and an underlying desperation, as if she was trying to convince both Karishma and herself that they would get through this ordeal.

As Karishma's eyes remained closed, and she grimaced in pain, desperately attempting to speak despite the difficulty. However, her words came out garbled and barely understandable, leaving Haseena unable to comprehend what she was trying to say.

"Krishu, hum samajh nahi pa rahe hai," Haseena replied, her voice filled with concern. She leaned closer, trying to catch any glimpse of what Karishma was attempting to communicate.

Karishma mustered all her strength once again and said, "Maineee," her voice strained with pain, "tumhe phir se pareshan," pausing to catch her breath between words, "karrr diyaaaa na."

Haseena's heart sank at her words. In response, she vehemently replied, "Krishu, aisa kuch nahi hai. Dekhiye abhi ambulance aayegi aur sab thik ho jayega."

Karishma could sense Haseena's unwavering determination and refusal to accept any harm coming her way. With labored breaths, she once again struggled and whispered, "Meri Amma ka dhyaan rakhna."

Haseena's heart brimmed with a mixture of anger and anguish. Haseena grew alarmed by Karishma's abnormal breathing and yelled, "Ahmaq hai kya aap? Kuch nahi hoga aapko samajh rahi hai aap, kuch bhi nahi. Just stay quiet!" She turned to the driver, who was on the phone, and urgently called out, "Please check the status of the ambulance. Have they arrived yet?"

"Ma'am, I am checking with them, it's pouring heavily and there are a lot of emergencies because of it," informed the driver.

As Haseena looked at Karishma, who was slowly closing her eyes, a wave of terror washed over her at the thought of losing her. In an attempt to keep Karishma awake and alert, she came up with an idea right away. She gently patted Karishma's cheeks and softly said, "Krishu suniye na, hum na aapko ek kahani sunate hai, aap sunegi na?"