Chapter 51

“Krishu Krishu,” shouted Haseena, waving a hand at Karishma to get her out of her trance.

As Karishma emerged from her trance, she said, “Ha ha bolo.”

“Kahan khoye thi aap?? Hum kab se pukar rahe hai,” asked Haseena, trembling while placing her hand on her waist.

"Tumhare hi baare mein soch rahi thi," Karishma replied as she tried to help her stand straight.

Haseena stopped her and asked, “Humare baare mein kya???”

Keeping her hands in her pocket, Karishma smiled and replied, "Yehi k, tumne khud ko qaid kar ke kyun rakha hai."

Suddenly, Haseena burst into laughter while holding her stomach, leaving Karishma bewildered.

“Aapna bilkul buddhu hai,” Haseena replied, controlling her laughter, and then added, “Humne thodi na khud ko qaid kar k rakha hai, woh toh Haseena Mallik ne rakha hai,” lovingly pulling Karishma's cheeks.

Karishma widened her eyes and stepped back a bit awkwardly.

Suddenly, Haseena paused and narrowed her eyes as she said, "Ek min, aap Haseena mallik k bare mein kyun soch rahi thi?"

“Kya matlab?” asked Karishma
Haseena frowned and asked, “Kya matlab kya?? Ya Allah, humare samne hote huye bhi aap Haseena Mallik k bare mein kaise soch sakti hai?”

Karishma mentally slapped herself and rubbed her forehead in frustration while thinking, “Baap re! itni shant dikhne wali Galib, drink karne k baad itna bawal kar rahi hai mujhe yakin nahi ho raha."

As Karishma was about to say something, Haseena stopped her while sitting down and cried, “Hum aapki khas aur aziz dost hai aur aapko sirf hamare baare mein sochna chahiye,” as she started crying.

Karishma was confused as to why every time her heart arched seeing tears in Haseena's eyes. Just kneeling down before Haseena, she held her hand in hers and said, "I am sorry Galib, please rona bandh karo tumhi toh meri ek lauti aur khas dost ho."

Haseena stared at her with tears streaming down her cheeks, as Karishma said, "Tumna meri best friend ho aur tumhare siwa kiske baare mein sochungi bhala."

Haseena shook her head in disagreement and said, “Aap sirf hume manane k liye keh rahi hai.”

Taking a step closer, Karishma cupped her face and looked directly into her eyes, saying, "You are a blessing in my life I never prayed for," in a voice that carried sincerity and honesty. She added, “Mere dil mein tumhari jagah koi bhi nahi le sakta."

Snuffling, Haseena asked adorably, "Sachhi?"

“Muchhi,” replied Karishma with a smile as she wiped away her tears.

Haseena, in excitement kissed her on her cheeks and hugged her lovingly. Karishma was shocked and couldn't figure out what had just happened. Thousands of butterflies flew through her stomach as her soft lips touched her cheeks. Haseena squeezed Karishma tightly and smiled broadly over her shoulder. Karishma's heart started pounding rapidly, and she couldn't understand why this closeness gave her such a feeling. She tried to move away from her, but her heart wouldn't let her. Her heart finally surrendered and she hugged her back with all the love and affection she felt at that moment.

A headlight from the car passing by got Karishma out of her trance. She gently removed her embrace and moved back a bit, looking away. After brushing off all the feelings she felt a moment ago, she stood up and walked Haseena to the parking lot. Karishma made Haseena sit in the car and hurried to the driver's side. As she was once again about to buckle Haseena's seatbelt, she screamed and said, "Ek min!"