Chapter 22

Hello Readers,

Firstly, I would like to thank you very much from bottom of my heart. My story surpassed 10.5k and its overwhelming. Never Imagined it would receive such an amazing response. The motivation and support you have given me has been invaluable. Due to my busy schedule, I appreciate your patience with the story.

Thank you so much and this is the longest part of this story.

Hope you like it

^____________________________________^

Pushpaji Continued “Virenji was a caring, kind, thoughtful and intellectual man. As promised, he helped me in my further studies against his family's wishes. Jab mere graduation ka result aaya tha na unone pure mohale mai meethai baati thi. Par sab sahi chale vo zindagi thodi na hai. Shaadi k teen saal baad bhi mai conceive nahi kar pa rahi thi unke gharwalo ne pressure karna shuru kar diya.

We consulted a doctor and learn that my fallopian tube had been damaged, and 28 years ago medical facilities were not that advanced. I found it difficult to have a child, but he supported me in my journey to become a mother. Janti ho unone yaha tak kaha k duniya mai kitne besahara bache hai hum unmai se kisi ko adopt kar sakte hai. Use anat ko ghar mil jayega aur hume amma baba kehne wala koi waise bhi parivaar toh pyaar se banta hai khoon se toh property k davedaar bante hai.

You know how I used to doubt the fact that God had blessed me with such a generous man. Every day, he would make me fall more in love with him than the day before. After 3 years of trying, I conceived. It was a difficult journey because you know how women are treated in India when they cannot have children after so many years of marriage. Waha par bhi humari mushkile khatam nahi hue I delivered a premature baby and the doctor told me that we had a girl, but the baby was underweight and there were few complications. Thus, the doctor kept her in the NICU. I used to wait outside the NICU every day just to get a glimpse of her that time NICU facility was not so advanced.

I prayed every day for nothing to happen to my child. It used to pierce my heart to see her in that condition with all the dips and tubes connected to her body. I longed to see her once and hold her properly. After 7 days, the doctor told us it was a miracle that the baby had survived, and that was the happiest day of our lives. I saw him shed tears of joy. As she was our Miracle Baby, we named her “Karishma”.

Pushpaji's face lit up as soon as there was mention of Karishma's name. She seemed to be reliving the day when she held baby Karishma for the first time. While Pushpaji was recounting her story, Haseena was smiling and listening intently. “Finally, our family was complete. Besides being a loving husband, he was also an outstanding father, and anyone would have been fortunate to have him. Par vo khehte hai na zindagi aur maut kisike bhi haath mai nahi hai.

One day while returning home, he met with an accident. Upon hearing the news, we rushed to the hospital and saw him in the ICU. When his heart stopped while mine continued beating, I felt engulfed by pain. At that moment, I felt all the emotions. I was devastated and in pain, but still frustrated and upset at how he could just leave me without thinking about me or our daughter for whom we had planned so much. I was completely shattered and was not able to accept that he is gone forever.

Pushpaji started crying remembering that dreadful day. Haseena wrapped her in an embrace and began to rub her back, even though she had tears in her eyes.

While calming Pushpaji and controlling her own emotions, Haseena said: "Hame Maaf kar dijiye Pushpee hume aapke zakham nahi kuradne chaiye the".

After calming a bit Pushpaji replied “Aisi koi baat nahi hai kabhi kabhi aapne past ko yaad karna chaiye achi buri jaisi bhi yaado se bahra ho hai toh aapni hi na…. Death is the end of this journey for the physical body, not for the love we shared and built while we lived a good life. When he left me on the path of life, it was not his choice. But his death has torn me apart from head to toe, and whenever I think of him, I feel my heart ache. I realised I would never see him again, hear his voice, or be in his presence.