Chapter 33

It was nearing early afternoon now and the strong ray of sunlight was disrupting Karishma’s sleep and she was finding it difficult to open her eyes due to the heaviness from the alcohol she had consumed the night before. She rubbed her eyes and slowly opened them after adjusting to daylight. She got up and sat holding her head between her palms as if it was about to burst.

“F*** this hangover,” she muttered in frustration. Her attention was directed to the table in front of her where a bottle of water was placed with some pain relief tablets, she quickly grabbed and gulped down.

While looking around Karishma understood what must have happened yesterday and she gulped in fear and thought, “ Beta Karishma Singh amma k bhaukal k liye tayar ho ja”

Pushpaji was busy preparing lunch in the kitchen when Karishma came from behind and hugged her, saying, "I am so sorry Aama".

Pushpaji struggled to get out of her hug as she spoke sternly, "Headache ki medicine rakhi thi side table pe le li."

Karishma tightened her grip and said, “Janti hu aap bohot naraz hai mujse par….. Aap aane Krishu babu ko maaf nahi karengi kya….. Sorry na Amma”

“Krishu shod muje aur teri ye buttering ka muj pe koi asar nahi hone wala hai” replied Pushpaji, coming out of her hug, and turned around to look at her, saying, "Maafi chahti hai".

Having hung her head down, Karishma immediately looked up at Pushpaji's response and nodded like an excited child.

“50 Sit up now” said Pushpaji with a serious face and a firm voice.

Karishma was stunned and replied, "Kya", but before she could finish, Pushpaji interrupted her and said, "Fine 75", glaring at her sternly while crossing her hands near her chest.

Stumped and speechless, Karishma again tried to speak "Par Amma," but Pushpaji again interrupted her and said, "100," looking straight into her eyes.

Karishma gave a surrender expression and nodded as she understood the more she spoke, the more punishment would increase, and without wasting more time, she began to do sit-ups holding her ears.

As Karishma started her sit-up quietly and counted "45", she was feeling utter exhaustion and looked at Pushpaji with pitiful eyes. Despite not showing sympathy for her state, she internally felt terrible seeing her child in this state.

"50!" Karishma exclaimed, keeping her hand on her waist and breathing heavily. It must be the hangover effect that caused her to take so long to complete her sit-ups.

Pushpaji shook her head in dismay, seeing her condition, and said, "Dekha ek din ka tera drink kya asar karta hai, Jo Captain Karishma Singh roj park k 3 laps marti hai, Jo gym mai 1 hour workout karti hai, vo aaj normal se sit up nahi kar pa rahi hai."

“Samaj gayi Amma, Seriously I am sorry please maaf kar dijiye” pleaded Karishma.

“Thik hai rukh ja par aainda se dhyan rakhna varna saja ise bhi buri hogi” warned Pushpaji.

Karishma nodded and said “Ha amma dhyan rakhungi”

In an attempt to lighten the mood, Pushpaji thought to tease Karishma and said “Krishu teri harkate dekh k lagta hai k teri biwi bhi na tujse aise hi sit ups karwaygi teri aisi galatiyo par”

Karishma was taken aback and said “Phele chiz kis ki itni himat k Karishma Singh se sit up karvaye ha vo toh mai aap se sab se jaad pyaar karti hu isliye kar diye varna toh mai sorry bhi na bolu kisiko”

“Dekhna ek din aayega jaise muje mannane k liye tu kuch bhi karti hai vaise kisi aur ko manane k liye tu kuch bhi karegi”assured Pushpaji.

“Koi nahi aayega Amma meri zindagi mai kabhi bhi kyuki pata hai Khanna aur Pyaar kisiko bhi hadse jada milena toh vo adhura shod deta hai……. Aur aab mai koi aisa rishta nahi chahti jo aage jake muje taklif de”said Karishma being disheartened.