Chapter 65

As the days rolled by, Karishma's condition improved, buoyed by the unwavering support of everyone around her. She could now walk on her own, and her shoulder had healed enough for the cast to be removed. The doctor was pleased with her progress, predicting that in about a month, she'd be fully back to her normal self. However, it was crucial for her to continue resting and doing the prescribed exercises for her complete recovery.

During this time, a beautiful bond had blossomed between Karishma and Haseena. With each passing day, their connection grew stronger, and they embraced each other as integral parts of their lives. The house itself seemed to come alive, filling the air with joyful laughter and lighthearted banter.

On that particular evening, as Haseena returned home from the office, she walked into the living room to find Karishma sprawled on the couch, engrossed in a soccer match playing on the television. Karishma's focus on the game was so intense that she didn't register Haseena's presence. Amused by this site, Haseena shook her head in gentle disbelief and made her way to the kitchen.

Finding Pushpaji immersed in her culinary endeavors, Haseena embraced her from behind and softly inquired, "Kya kar rahi hai aap, Pushpee?"

"Maharani sahiba ke farmaish pe unke favorite aloo puri bana rahi hoon," Pushpaji responded with a smile, momentarily glancing at Haseena before returning to her cooking.

"Wahhh, fir to maze hai madam ke," Haseena exclaimed, her voice filled with playful admiration, as she leaned against the kitchen platform.

Pushpaji, still focused on her cooking, nodded and added, "Ha pichle 2 mahino se woh bimaro wala khana kha k bore ho rahi thi na meri bachi," with a sympathetic tone.

Haseena understood it and in a playful manner said, "Pata hai humein, 2 din se bahut laad pyaar ho rahe hai. Jab se Dr ne ok diya hai na tab se kabhi chole bhature to kabhi rajma chawal ban rahe hai."

"Acha toh laad sirf main kar rahi hoon," Pushpaji questioned, her cooking momentarily paused as she fixed Haseena with a mischievous and direct gaze. "Woh kon tha jisne kal biryani banayi thi aur subah uske fav oats pancake," questioned Pushapji keeping her pointer finger on her chin, as if thinking, and in a melodramatic way continued, "Acha toh aab aisa toh nahi k sirf tum laad kar sakti ho!" to tease Haseena further.

Caught off guard and slightly flustered by the playful interrogation, Haseena stumbled over her words, her gaze darting around as if seeking an escape from the spotlight. "Woh hum, woh..." she mumbled, a faint blush tinting her cheeks.

"Jane do, bahane mat banao ab, sab pata hai mujhe," Pushpaji intervened, a knowing smile playing on her lips. With a gentle shake of her head, she returned to her cooking.

Trying to shift the conversation, Haseena quickly inquired, "Waise unhone aaj apni exercise ki?"

Pushpaji's expression shifted to one of slight frustration, as she replied, "Aree kahan sunti hai meri, bas dopeher ko thodi si exercise ki thi woh bhi bahut jyada piche padhne par."

"Fikar mat kijiye, hum karwate hai," reassured Haseena with a warm smile before excusing herself to freshen up. She returned to find Karishma still lounging on the sofa, absorbed in the television. With determination, Haseena stepped in front of the TV screen, disturbing Karishma's view, and gently prodded, "Aaj exercise kyu nahi ki apne?"

Karishma reluctantly rose from her seat, her eyes beseeching Haseena to move away from the screen as she replied, "Haan, baad mein karti hoon."

Haseena gave her stern look and said, "Nahi abhi karni hai."

"Please yaar Galib, side hato na," Karishma pleaded, her eyes brimming with earnestness.

While shaking her head in refusal, Haseena replied, "Bilkul nahi."