Chapter 53

In the morning, Haseena came downstairs and was surprised to find Karishma in the kitchen wearing an apron and preparing something. The moment she was about to walk towards Karishma, she stopped at a distance and began to adore her.

Karishma was absorbed in her work, but her newly cut bangs were disturbing her, and she had this cute annoying expression on her face. A smile spread across Haseena's face as she gazed at her.

Haseena finally asked, “Aap yahan kya kar rahi hai ??”

Without looking at her, Karishma replied, "Cricket khel rahi hoon. You wanna join?"

Haseena shook her head and said, “Kabhi to… matlab kabhi sahi jawab mil nahi sakta hai kya aapse?”

“Toh sahi sawal bhi kiya karo na,” replied Karishma promptly.

“Acha thik hai humari hi galati hai, aab bhala Captain Karishma Singh kabhi galat thodi na ho sakti hai,” Haseena said almost resignedly as she sat on a bar stool near the kitchen platform, while Karishma was busy cooking.

“Now you got the point," replied Karishma, winking at her.

Haseena fake smiled and said, “Ho gaya aapka, kya ab mohtarma batayengi ki aap inti subah subah kitchen mein kya kar rahi hai?”

“Kitchen mein aam log khana banate hai aur main bhi wahi kar rahi hoon,” Karishma replied, tossing the eggs into the pan.

"Kya?" shouted Haseena in a shocking tone.

Karishma held her ears with her hands in shock, and asked, “Chilla kyun rahi ho?”

“Aap aur khana,” asked Haseena in shock, as she was still processing what she had heard.

Karishma smiled slightly and answered, "Ha itna shock hone ki koi zaroorat nahi hai, jab main US mein thi tab thodi bahut chize banana sikh liya tha."

Haseena’s expression changed in embarrassment as she said, "Woh humne aapko kabhi khana banate huye nahi dekha isliye."

"That's fine, I understand, aur haan maanti hoon k mujhe khana banane ka shauk nahi hai, par mere saath koi bhi bhukha nahi rahega. It's a guarantee," Karishma assured as she served food into the dishes.

Haseena was just staring at her while Karishma continued, “Dekho mujhe pata hai Amma meri cooking skills k bare mein kya kehti hai, aur isi wajah se tumhara mujhe judge karna is ok. Woh kya hai na aap chahe plane bhi udalo par aapki Maa aapke cooking skill ko gol roti se hi judge karengi. At the end of the day, cooking is a basic life skill.”

"Ha pushpee shayad thoda jyada hi underestimate karti hai aapko is mamle mein," Haseena replied while rubbing her forehead and taking plates from Karishma to place on the dining table.

There was a delicious smell coming from the plate, while Haseena inquired, "Waise aaj itni zehmat uthane ki kya zaroorat pad gayi?”

Karishma stopped and turned to look at her with a confused expression while Haseena quickly understood and said, "Zehmat matlab taqleef."

Karishma came towards her and replied, “Kal raat ko hum saath khana nahi kha paye, aur aaj pura din tum busy hone wali ho isliye socha kyu na ek sath breakfast karke din ki shuruwat kare,” and she sat opposite to her.

Upon hearing it, Haseena's face fell, a lump formed in her throat and her eyes welled up. However, she controlled her emotions and cleared her throat, and asked, “Bataiye kya banaya hai aapne?”

While rubbing her hand, Karishma grinned and said, "Scrambled eggs with lots of veggies, avocado toast, and coffee."

Haseena smiled while Karishma said in a dejected tone, "Mujhe chai banani nahi aati par tum sikha dena next time, bana lungi."