Chapter 19

A little later in the evening, Pushpaji and Haseena were busy in the kitchen while Santosh was setting the table for their small chaat party in the living room. All the items were placed in the living room for eating, and they gathered around it.

"Dekh k hi muh mai paani aagaya........... Hayeee India ki yaad aagayi puri duniya mai India jaisa Chaat nahi milega...... Kitne dino baad khane wali hu mai....... Santosh exclaimed excitedly.

"Toh der kis baat ki chalo start karo tum log" said Pushpaji.

Pushpaji sat beside Santosh and Haseena at one end, and they were about to start eating when Haseena asked, "Khadoos kaha hai vo nahi aayengi kya?"

While looking at Haseena, Santosh teased "Aree ha aur aap toh unke bagair khaoge nahi na". She sat smiling and waggled her eyebrows looking at Haseena, but she glared at her angrily and pointed at Pushpaji with her eyes. Santosh soon realised Pushpaji was sitting next to her, and she fumbled, "Mera matlab hai, hum ko unka wait karna chaiye na."

In an irritated way, Pushpaji said "Koi nahi tum log khao mai bula lati hu use" She was leaving while murmuring, "Ye ladki bhi na bola tha aaj sab k saath rehna hai par sunegi thodi na ye....

"Ruk Jaiye Pushpee aap kyu pareshan ho rahi hai...... Haseena bula le aayengi aapki Krishu ko waise hai kaha vo", asked Santosh with the most mischievous smile.

Pushpaji said being annoyed "Hogi aapne phele pyaar k saath"

"Kya ?????? the duo screamed in shock and looked incredulous.

"Aree mai uski Bike ki baat kar rahi thi.... Jarur garage mai hogi," said Pushpaji while keeping her hands on her ear.

As Santosh whispered in Haseena's ear, "Mai toh daar gayi thi muje laga picture start hone se phele hi aapki sautan aa gayi," Haseena hit her on the arm.

"Kya aap bhi Pushpee kitna exaggerate kiya hum toh daar gaye the kyu Haseena?" Santosh asked.

Pushpaji responded in her over dramatic way by saying, "Aree fir kya bohot pyaar karti hai aapni bike se kisiko haath lagane nahi deti........ Meri hone wali bahu k toh bhaag hi phut gaye k use jaada Krishu useke bike se pyaar karegi"

The two of them smiled inside while listening to Pushpaji, who seemed serious in sharing this information about her daughter.

Haseena whispers while leaning towards Santosh, "Aapko hum raat ko batate hai". She looked at Pushpaji and said "Ha hum bhula late hai une aap aaram se baithiye hum abhi aaye."

When Haseena went to call Karishma from the garage, she couldn't find her. "Aree Khadoos toh yaha hai nahi kaha gayi hongi" thought Haseena.

As she her turn to leave, Haseena's dupatta got stuck, and she turned to look back and was shocked to see Karishma standing up with Haseena's duppatta covering her head.

Karishma raised both her hands in the air, she said, "Maine tumahare dupatte ko haath bhi nahi lagaya hai."

Haseena chuckled at her condition and though she pulled back her dupatta slowly, her slow movements messed up Karishma's hair. Her hair fell on her face and she tried to pull it back, but her hands were covered in grease. To remove the hair from her face, Karishma continued to pull her hair back by the back of her hands and blow air from her mouth.

Haseena watched her struggle with a smile on her face, and said "Hum Kar dete hai" Without a second thought she stepped closer to her and brushed her hair behind with little hesitation.

"Thank you," Karishma said, dazed, but smiling slightly.

"Chaliye Hum aapko bhulane aaye the...... Khana ready hai" informed Haseena.

"Thank you once again you guys can carry on......... I need to finish this work," Karishma asserted.

Haseena pleaded"Sab wait kar rahe hai chaliye na hume bhi bohot bhuk lagi hai"

"Aap log start kariye mai 10 min mai aati hu" replied Karishma

"Hume Pushpee ne aapko aapne saath lane ka farmaan diya hai"informed Haseena.

"Kya diya hai" questioned Karishma

"Farmaan yaniki Order..... Itna bhi nahi aata aapko" Haseena Chidded

"Sorry meri hi galti hai muje pata nahi tha na k ek din saath samundar par mere zindagi mai Urdu queen shakshat prakat ho jayengi aur meri achi kasi zindagi mai tufaan macha dengi........... Karishma retorted sarcastically.

"Dekhiye jaada bolne ki zarurat nahi hai Humare kehne ka vo matlab nahi tha aur thoda bohot knowledge hona chaiye dusre language ka bhi" said Haseena.

Karishma smiled and replied "Posso parlare 2 lingue straniere"

"Kya bol rahi hai aap kuch samaj hi nahi aa raha hai" said Haseena.

"Ich kann 2 fremde Sprache sprechen"repeated Karishma with a smile.

"Kya bol rahi hai aap" asked haseena getting annoyed.

"Yehi haal hota hai dusro ka jab tum urdu mai baat karti ho..... Mai sirf itna bol rahi hu k muje 2 foreign language aate hai vo bhi pheli baar Italian language mai aur dusri baar German language mai" explained Karishma.