Chapter 38

Karishma and Haseena's newly formed friendship has now been two weeks and the atmosphere at home seems incredible. Pushpaji was the happiest when she saw Karishma returning to her old self. Similarly, Haseena was also feeling happy from the inside after a long time in which her happiness used to shine out of her eyes. Every now and then, they continued their banter, which used to irritate Pushpaji, but she was delighted that the house was once again lively. They talked a lot whenever they had some free time, and they poured their hearts out. Their relationship seemed to blossom as they began to enjoy each other's company.

Haseena awoke in the middle of the night after having a nightmare, and she decided to read a book as usual. Her attention was drawn to some voices outside, so she walked outside to find out. Karishma was sitting on the terrace quietly with her headphones on and eyes closed after coming home late at night from her shift.

Haseena's smile spread across her face as she walked towards her and poked her with her finger. As Karishma opened her eyes, she saw Haseena staring at her.

"Kya yaar galib kabhi matlab kabhi toh raat ko normal logo ki tarah soya karo jab dekho bhoot pishach ki tarah ghar mai gumti rahti ho" Karishma asked in a playful manner.

"Vo kya hai na aab aam logo k saath rahenge tab ja kar normal harkate kar sakenge na par hum bhi toh ek chudail k saath rehte hai asar toh hoga hi na" replied Haseena in sarcasm.

Karishma widens her eyes at her reply and asks, "Baap ree tumne meri Amma ko chudail kaha"

"Ya Allah kuch bhi bolti hai aap," said Haseena and slammed her book on Karishma's arm.

"Kuch bhi ho Sarcasm is my forte" said Karishma, while rubbing her arm.

"Ha Kya" asked Haseena

"Fir Kya" replied Karishma and continued "Mai yaha jagi hu kyuki I have travelled from different time zones aur muje jet lag hai par tum yaha kya kar rahi ho"

Keeping the book aside on the table, Haseena sat opposite Karishma and said, "Hum bas kuch aawaz sun kar dekhne aaye the fir aap dikhi toh socha aap se baat karle."

In excitement, Karishma rubbed her hand and asked, "Acha par aaj na muje jan na hai k tum raat ko jage k kya karti ho ha" with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Kya karte hai matlab" Haseena asked with confusion.

"Kahi vo wali picture toh nahi dekhti ho" asked Karishma waggling her eyebrows and shaking her pointer finger.

"Ya Allah kaisi baate karti hai aap" screamed Haseena offended, making a disgusted face.

"Hello tumhe dekhne mai sharam nahi aur muje bolne mai kyu ho bolo" asked Karishma casually shrugging her shoulders.

Haseena narrowed her eyes in annoyance and said "Kaisi hai aap...... Kuch bhi bolti hai..... Ye dekhiye kitab pad rahe the hum"

Karishma glanced at the book and quickly moved forward, saying, "Dikhao waisi wali kitabe bhi aati hai kya?"

In a fit of rage, Haseena pulled her book out of her hand and got up yelling, "Ugh jaiye hume na aap se baat hi nahi karni jaiye."

It was a quiet scene for Karishma, as she was enjoying pulling Haseena's leg and said, "Toh kisi ne force kiya hai kya aur mai kyu jau."

Irritated, Haseena stomped her feet and started to leave after saying, "Thik hai rahiye yahi hum hi ja rahe hai."

Ok, bye" replied Karishma without looking at Haseena

In an effort to control her anger, Haseena tightened her grip on the book. She came back and stood in front of Karishma and shouted, "Aap na bhaad mai jaiye."