Chapter 80: Worth it.

Jungkook's POV

I saw it before anyone did.

I saw the way Daehyun looked towards someone, I saw the man dressed as a police officer standing there but hiding his face with a cap.

But I recognised him even with the cap, because I saw the dark snake tattoo over his right hand and my eyes widened as I saw the man who no one suspected slowly walking to a corner.

A corner that was right in front of my love, my Taehyung.

I saw how the man put his hand in his waistband, and I recognised the shiny metal even before he could pull it out.

I opened my mouth and screamed. But as if invisible hands were holding my throat strangling me, not a single voice came out.

With paining legs I stood up, I looked at everyone around me and waved my hands despite the feeling of choking in my throat that was simply my panicking mind.

But no one was looking at me, everybody's eyes were solely focused on my fiancé who had just shot Daehyun in the head.

I looked down at my hands, that were still cuffed by the heavy cuffs, it pained, it burned my skin, and I felt the urge to itch but I had no time.

Because I was losing him.

A rush of memories flashed my eyes, being in a similar situation was Taehyung.

Where a gun had been pointed towards me and he hadn't even thought for a second before coming and standing in front of me, but thankfully I was faster and I had saved both of us.

But who was gonna save him?

He's standing right in front of the gun and he doesn't even know it.

I looked around but there was nothing that could help me stop it, no gun in sight, nothing was there. And lifting my hands was painful.

I looked down at my feet that were already moving forward, and that's when I realised.

A moron.

That's what I had called him for doing something like that. For shielding me with his own body, for risking his own life to save me.

But I realised it now, Taehyung wasn't the stupid one, but it was rather me.

An idiot to have not realised how much he already loved me to do that without even thinking.

And I loved him just as much, maybe that's why my feet stopped right when the bullet went off and connected with my chest right at my heart.

I was standing right in front of him.

I could still feel the heavenly warmth of his body even when he wasn't really touching me.

Maybe that's why when I took that bullet, I had a smile on my face. Because I wasn't sad, infact I felt happy to be able to show it.

My love.

He had so many chances, he did everything to make sure I stay safe, it was my turn now, maybe that's why I felt relieved to have taken a bullet to my own heart than to have seen the same thing happen to my phantom.

Call me selfish, but I was happy that I wasn't the one who would have to see it.

The pain was of course a million times worse than I expected but it was worth it, because I knew if I hadn't done it, my man would have felt this pain.

Maybe that's why it was worth it.

_________

Taehyung's POV