Chapter 8 : Messed up.

"How many times do i have to tell you huh? Stop thinking about it. He betrayed you! End of story. We have to think about what to do now! Not about what has already happened." Daniel said grunting as he looked at his best friend who was sprawled over the bed looking lifeless with those big dark circles.

It wasn't a new sight to him, but the image of Jungkook crying in front of him wasn't leaving his mind. He wanted to find that Taehyung guy and strangle him.

Jungkook never cries no matter what happens, and that guy just comes and has the audacity to make his best friend cry. Now that's fucked up.

"But he was so gentle with me. I swear even if I didn't use it on him, i knew he didn't have any bad intentions for me Scooby." Jungkook whispered, his voice broken and eyes closed.

Anyone would think he is heart broken, but no, he was just gathering himself, pulling himself together, giving himself the much needed time to process everything that just happened with him in the past two days.

Daniel groaned in annoyance, why is it so hard to make Jungkook understand?,
"Kook don't you get it? Don't you see that file on the table there? It says he has been wanted for the past 10 years! You hear me? 10 fucking years! For the murder of his own parents! Like that's sick. We have to catch him dude." Daniel said again trying to reason.

"I know Scooby." Jungkook whispered, his voice hesitant.

Daniel sighed and went over to sit besides Jungkook. He caressed his hair and tried to smile,
"Am not trying to force you Kook, take your time and tell me what to do okay? Besides we already know where he lives, i checked it myself. He did actually live above that club we visited, just with a different name. I still don't get why he told you his real name."

Jungkook's eyes met him,
"That's exactly what I can't figure out! He knows for a fact i can arrest him, I am a cop god damn it! He has a whole different identity yet he decided to tell me his actual one! What does he want? Why didn't he lie like he has been all these years? Why me? Why now?" His eyes almost watered but he closed them, not wanting to cry again.

Too much crying for now.

"You know, i know you say you don't want to use it, but you could do it on him." Daniel said his voice was a bit low, scared of Jungkook's reaction.

"No, I won't use it again. Ever! Don't say that again." Jungkook said and went inside the covers again.

With a sigh Daniel stood up,
"I'll come back okay? Take some rest. I'll handle everyone at the station. They were worried a bit but i am good with excuses so, I'll handle them."

Jungkook just hummed as Daniel left. He needed to figure out what to do and he needed to do that soon, because Taehyung was constantly texting him, asking him to meet and he didn't know what to reply.

There was nothing he wanted more than to just forget yesterday and run into Taehyung's arms. But we don't always get what we want now do we? And Jungkook knows that too well.

_______

"How much more time do you need Mr. Police Officer?" Daehyun yelled at Jungkook's face who just stood there besides the chair Daehyun was sitting at.

Jungkook didn't have any intention to go out of his apartment, but his uncle had called and he could never ignore his uncle.

Namjoon and Jin weren't home.

"I am trying my best uncle. But i am just a police officer, I can't do what your lawyer does." Jungkook replied back, his voice was normal but he was annoyed, annoyed at himself for not being able to do anything and annoyed at his uncle for not understanding him.