All I Wanted Was You 2- JJ

Part 2 for all you JJ simps ;)

"Oh fuck.." Aaliyah muttered as she stumbled through the house.

Aaliyah stuck her hand out, trying to touch the furniture and walls just to navigate her way through the pitch black.

God what time is it?

She dropped her handbag to the ground as she sloppily drank from the beer bottle that sat comfortably in her free hand.
She let out a small hiccup, a drunken smile plastered across her face as her eyes made contact with a slither of light that came from the lounge room.
She began stumbling towards the lounge room, a laugh escaping her lips as she saw a familiar figure standing in the middle of the room, their arms crossed and their eyes narrowed.

"Heyyy." She slurred, laying her body across the lounge.

"Lia you had me worried where the fuck have you been?!" Sarah scolded

Aaliyah let out a giggle, "I was a-at a party s-silly."

Sarah's eyebrows creased together as she stared down at her shit faced friend.
"It's 3:30 in the morning."

"And? We usually party longer than this." Aaliyah stated

"Yeah together- you went out completely alone and told no one! I was supposed to stay over remember? But when I got here and found you nowhere to be seen I figured I should probably wait and see if you were ok." Sarah exclaimed

Aaliyah frowned- her mind and body still completely under the influence of alcohol.
She could hardly keep her eyes open.

Sarah sighed, her facial expression softening at the sight of her best friend.
"You had me scared thats all- lets just get you ready for bed."

Sarah began untying Aaliyah's shoes- a look of concentration evident on her face.
Aaliyah stared up at the roof, watching intently as the ceiling fan spun around.
"Do you reckon he still thinks of me?" Aaliyah whispered

Sarah halted her movements for a few seconds- her fingers lingering on the laces of Aaliyah's shoes.
"Lia how about we talk about this in the morning?"

Aaliyah shook her head, "I want to get it out now- while I don't have a care in the world, while it doesn't hurt."

Sarah tapped her knee comfortingly, smiling sadly.
"I know he does Lia- you should see him he's not the usual JJ."

"I think about him all the time, every little thing reminds me of him. I still have his things...his shirts, hoodies, some hats- fuck I even still wear this stupid bracelet he made me." Aaliyah mumbled, sticking her wrist out to show Sarah the bracelet.
"How pathetic of me huh?"

Sarah reached into her bag, pulling out a packet of makeup wipes as she began wiping the makeup residue off of Aaliyah's skin.
"You're not pathetic Lia- you're heartbroken. You feel lost and detached from the world now but trust me, any time now something will click and you'll begin to accept what's happened and you'll come out of this stronger and happier then before."

"I really hope so."

"Trust me- you'll get through this and it'll be JJ who'll start to regret everything."

~~~

JJ huffed as he pushed his arms through the water, his body relying on the board under him.
He made a beeline for the shore, his mind focused on making the wave that came bounding from behind him.
Surfing was something that JJ could always rely on, it cleared his mind in a weird way gave him new outlooks on situations.
Being out in the middle of the water with nothing but yourself and the thoughts in your mind was refreshing in its own way.
And lately the only thing that clouded his mind was Aaliyah.