Uptown Girl- JJ

Aaliyah groaned and leaned forward in her seat, the leather slowly peeling off her body.
She fiddled with the air conditioner buttons, desperately trying to get some cool air to flow out the car vents.

"This stupid fucking car." She muttered, throwing herself back into the seat, letting out a huff of frustration as she rolled the window down further.

"Hey what did the van ever to do you?" JJ joked, briefly glancing over at her as he drove back to the chateau.

"This van needs a working air conditioner it's like Satan's asshole outside and it's even worse in this shit box John B calls transport." Aaliyah ranted

JJ let out a bellowing laugh, adjusting the red cap that sat on top of his head.
"Well thats one way to describe it."

"I do have many other creative ways of describing the disgusting weather outside." Aaliyah grinned

JJ smiled back cheekily, "I don't think anything can top 'Satan's asshole'."

Aaliyah shrugged, "True."

The couple sat in a comfortable silence, the music from the radio filling their ears as JJ tapped his fingers rhythmically against the steering wheel of the Twinkie.
"There's nothing good on this stupid radio." Aaliyah grumbled

JJ laughed, "What is with you today? What have you got against the Twinkie huh?"

"Absolutely everything- the air conditioner doesn't work, only two stations on the radio work and the stupid thing breaks down every time it hits a bump in the road."

"Hey but it gets us from A to B- AND....it's great for car sex." JJ wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"JJ!" Aaliyah gasped dramatically, biting back a smile.

"You weren't complaining last night when the-"

"OK! Ok yeah I get the picture!" Aaliyah laughed, leaning forward slightly to change the radio station.

"WAIT! This is a banging song!" JJ exclaimed, lightly smacking Aaliyah's hand away from the sound knob as he took over and turned the radio up.

"Uptown Girl? I didn't pick you for a Billy Joel fan." Aaliyah teased

"Hey this may be an old song but I happen to think we relate to it very much." JJ argued

Aaliyah raised an eyebrow, "How on earth do we relate to this?"

"Well, you're a kook and your slumming it with a pogue- so I guess you're the 'uptown girl' with a backstreet guy." JJ wiggled his eyebrows

Aaliyah chuckled, "I guess that's a pretty good explanation."

"SHE'LL SEE IM NOT SO TOUGH! JUST BECAUSE IM IN LOVE WITH AN UPTOWN GIRL!!!" JJ sung, dramatically swaying his right arm out the window.

"SHE'S GETTING TIRED OF HER HIGH CLASS TOYS!" Aaliyah joined

"See! This song fits us so well, you've given up your fancy air conditioned cars for this hunk of junk." JJ teased

Aaliyah rolled her eyes playfully, "Yeah yeah I get it."

"UPTOWN GIRL! YOU KNOW I CANT AFFORD TO BUY HER PEARLS!"

"BUT MAYBE SOMEDAY WHEN MY SHIP COMES IN! SHE'LL UNDERSTAND WHAT KIND OF GUY I AM-"

"AND THEN I'LL WIN!"
The couple screamed out the lyrics in sync, enjoying the priceless moment between them.
The more Lia sung the old song with her boyfriend, the more she realised they related so much to it.

JJ always felt bad that he couldn't afford to buy her expensive gifts or take her out on extravagant dates like how Rafe Cameron and Topper Thornton could.
But none of that mattered to Lia, JJ was more than enough for her and as long as she was with him- she would be unconditionally happy. As cliche as it all sounds.

"AND WHEN SHES WALKING, SHES LOOKING SO FINE!" JJ winked

"AND WHEN SHES TALKING SHE'LL SAY THAT SHES MINE!" Lia winked back, reaching over and snatching the hat of JJ's head- placing it on her own.

"JUST BECAUSE IM IN LOVE WITH AN UPTOWN GIRL!"

"SHE'S MY UPTOWN GIRL!"

"See I knew you knew the lyrics!" JJ yelled

"Well I guess it isn't that bad for an 80's song." Aaliyah smiled

"Well every time I hear this song I think of us- you're definitely my Uptown Girl." JJ smiled

"Well this uptown girl doesn't need pearls or high class toys because her backstreet guy is all she needs." Aaliyah stated, leaning over to place a sweet kiss on JJ's cheek.

"I see we're quoting the song now?"

"I thought it was perfect for the moment." She grinned

JJ let out a light laugh, " One day I'll buy you all the pearls and high class toys you could ever wish for."

"Well I'm more of a simple gold kinda girl." Aaliyah joked

"That's not the point!" JJ laughed

"Well we better get this ticking time bomb back to John B."

"I know you secretly love it."

"Maybe I do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GUYS I AM SO SORRY!
I haven't updated in months but finally I got the motivation to post this next part 😭
Not gonna lie I've been so invested in my new Stranger Things book that I forgot to update this one- BUT more updates will be uploaded consistently over the next few days PROMISE!

I hope y'all enjoyed this part, this song lowkey hits different and I'm not really one for older songs👀

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍