How Could You Be So Reckless With My Heart?- JJ

Rudy in this photo tho 😏

Yes yes I know- another imagine based off song lyrics 😫 This one's going off the song Reckless by Madison Beer (I may or may not be a fan of Madison Beer if y'all couldn't tell already 🤭)
Also the words in italics are lyrics to the song :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, this is a story I hate and telling it might make me break.....
But I'll tell it anyway....

Aaliyah and JJ started off as complete strangers who met at a party down on the beach one night.
He planned on finding a hookup for the night but instead he found himself sitting by the water talking for what seemed like forever with a girl he just met- she had stumbled into him and the two instantly hit it off.

This chapters about, how you said there was nobody else...

Over the next few months JJ and Aaliyah became inseparable, always with one another, doing everything together. They'd both be lying if they said they weren't falling for each other.
"I'm telling you man she's the best thing that's ever happened to me." JJ gushed
"You're sounding like a lovesick girl dude." Pope laughed
JJ flipped him off and watched as the gorgeous girl he was falling for sat on the sand giggling and joking with Sarah and Kiara.
"She's the one for me." JJ said quietly

Then you got up and went to her house, you guys always left me out....

After a while JJ started to change, it was obvious to everyone in the group- except for JJ and Kiara.
JJ began to stand Aaliyah up, left her waiting for hours for dates and hang outs, would go missing for a couple of days, he'd even ignore her when they would all hang out as a group. But Aaliyah knew very well where he was- he was with Kiara. He would never deny it either he'd always start an argument with Aaliyah when she'd ask him why he stood her up once again.
He'd be all over Kiara right in front of Aaliyah, hugging her, flirting, kissing her on the forehead and dancing with her. It absolutely broke Aaliyah, the man she loved- loved someone else.

I still have the letter you wrote when you told me I was the only girl you'd ever want in your life....
I guess my friends were right...

Aaliyah laid on her bed, staring at a picture of her and JJ. He looked so happy- so in love. He didn't have that same look in his eyes anymore, not for her anyway. A single tear slipped down her face, she knew she had to let him go even if it shattered her into pieces. Aaliyah stood up from her bed and made her way to her bedroom window, sighing deeply and locking it.
She didn't have to keep it unlocked for JJ anymore- he wasn't coming. He had her now.
Aaliyah couldn't help but let the tears fall from her eyes, she let out a loud scream and tore the picture into two- falling to the floor and burying her head into her hands not holding back her sobs of heartbreak.

Each day goes by and each night I cry, somebody saw you with her last night...
You gave me your word "don't worry about her"
You might love her now but you loved me first
Said you'd never hurt me but here we are
Oh you swore in every star...
How could you be so reckless with my heart?

"Lia?" A voice yelled
Aaliyah wiped her eyes and stood up from the ground, looking out the window.
Her eyes met with familiar blue ones, ones she didn't want to see.
He smiled and waved to her, "open the window."
She frowned and looked down at her bare feet contemplating heavily on whether or not she should let him in.
She found herself opening the window- despite not wanting to.
JJ climbed on in, giving her a confused look.
"You didn't leave it open for me?" He frowned
Aaliyah shrugged and sat on her bed, "I didn't think you'd come."
"Why wouldn't I?"
"You know why JJ don't act dumb." She snapped
JJ looked taken aback he opened his mouth to speak but stopped himself when he saw the ripped picture laying on the carpet.
"You- why? You ripped it?" He whispered sadly
"Well I don't need it anymore."
JJ's eyes widened, "what do you mean? Whats going on?!"
"You don't love me anymore JJ. And it's very obvious." Aaliyah whispered
"What?! Of course I love you! I'll always love you! I've never stopped!" He exclaimed
"Well you're actions say different."
"Lia, you're the only girl for me. I love you so so much and I don't want to lose you- not now and not ever."
Aaliyah believed him, even though deep down she still knew they were both lying to themselves.

You check in and out
Of my heart like it's a hotel
And she must be perfect, oh well
I hope you both go to hell...

"SHE MUST BE PRETTY PERFECT FOR YOU TO DO THIS AGAIN!" Aaliyah yelled
JJ stood still, regret and sadness lingering in his eyes.
"I'm so sorry Lia."
Aaliyah scoffed, "no you're not! Don't lie to me- don't lie to yourself!"
"IM NOT LYING! I FEEL LIKE SHIT KNOWING I HURT YOU!" JJ fought back
"Then why keep doing it? Why keep hurting me over and over again?" She whispered
JJ stared at her, sighing deeply and running a hand through his hair.
"I don't mean to do it."
"I-I think it's better if we break up."
JJ stood back, his jaw wide open in shock.
"W-what? No baby no!" He pleaded
"Treat Kiara better ok? She deserves more than what you ever gave me."
"Aaliyah please no! I don't want Kiara! I want you!"
Aaliyah wiped her eyes- she had to stay strong for the both of them.
"Goodbye JJ."
"LIA NO!"

How could you be so reckless?
How could you be so reckless with someone's heart?

JJ chased Aaliyah out of the chateau, trying his hardest to stop her from leaving him.
"IM SORRY LIA! PLEASE! I don't want her! YOUVE ALWAYS BEEN IT FOR ME!" JJ cried
Aaliyah stopped in her tracks, slowly turning around to meet JJ's broken expression.
"JJ you've stood me up on 6 dates for Kiara. You know how humiliating that is? You sleep at her house most nights and when you don't- you hardly ever come and see me. You even flirt with her in front of me." Aaliyah choked out
JJ's face lost all colour, he looked so sad and broken. Regret and guilt swam in his eyes amongst the tears that threatened to spill at any moment.
"How could you be so reckless with someone's heart?" Aaliyah whispered
"I'm not giving up on you Lia. All those things- I swear I didn't mean to do, I've never received love in my life and I didn't know how to handle it. But I'm being so honest with you right now- I love you more than anything! And I won't stop until you realise you're the only one for me."

Hey, this is a story I hate
But I told it to cope with the pain
I'm so sorry if you can relate...