Guess I'm In Love- JJ

YES YES YES! Another imagine based off song lyrics 😔✋🏾 I can't help myself, now this one's based off the song Guess I'm in Love by Clinton Kane so I highly recommend listening to it while you read this particular imagine for the full experience!
Enjoy 🤍
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning light beamed through the window as the sun had began to rise, Aaliyah and JJ's legs were tangled amongst each other and the bed sheets. JJ had woken up first which was quite unusual for him since he's usually asleep till noon. He admired his beloved girlfriend, he twirled her wavy locks between his fingers as she laid on his bare chest. He smiled to himself at Aaliyah's beauty, even asleep she was drop dead gorgeous.
"Staring's rude ya'know." Aaliyah mumbled
JJ blushed lightly and kissed the top of her head.
"I just can't believe I got so lucky with you."
Aaliyah looked up at him, her brown eyes shining brightly.
"You're not going all soft on me now are you?" She giggled
JJ grinned widely, "never."
Aaliyah smiled up at him, butterflies instantly erupting in his stomach.
Aaliyah and JJ had been together for 8 months and they'd been best friends for many years before that- and even after all this time he still found himself getting nervous and vulnerable around her.
"We better get up." Aaliyah stated sitting up from JJ's chest, much to his dismay.

"Hey lovebirds." Pope smirked
JJ flipped his friend off and continued following Aaliyah around the chateau like a lost puppy.
"What's the plan for today?" Aaliyah asked, stealing a piece of John B's toast.
"We thought we'd go for a surf and swim, maybe sit around the fire afterwards?" Kiara suggested
"Sounds like a plan." Aaliyah smiled
And there is was again.
The butterflies bursting in JJ at the sight of his girlfriends glowing smile.
No matter what mood JJ was in Aaliyah's smile never failed to light up his day.
"Earth to JJ!" John B clicked in JJ's face
JJ snapped out of his trance and stared at the group cluelessly, "so surfing?"
Aaliyah chuckled and patted his shoulder softly, "yeah babe, surfing."

Aaliyah panted heavily as she laid back onto the sand, a huge grin smothered her face.
"You cheated." Kiara pouted lying next to her
"Did not." Aaliyah stuck her tongue out
JJ watched as the two girls laughed, he swept his wet hair out of his face and smiled to himself, leaning against his surf board.
Aaliyah had no idea how truly beautiful she was, inside and out. She was definitely more than JJ deserved, she found love in his flaws and made sure to remind him everyday how much she cared for him. JJ never received a lot of love growing up, he didn't know how to handle the foreign feeling- but when it came to Aaliyah it all came naturally.
"I never thought I'd see the day when JJ was in love." John B smirked
JJ rolled his eyes smiling and slapped the side of John B's shoulder.
"Shut up man."
"No but for real bro, this is the happiest I've ever seen you."
JJ gave John B a genuine smile, "Well I've finally got something to be happy about."
"John B! JJ! What are ya'll doing? Having a mothers meeting?" Kiara yelled out
Aaliyah laughed with her and waved the boys over.
JJ instantly complied and ran over to his girlfriend, enveloping her in a bear hug dropping her onto the sand.

"JJ!" Aaliyah giggled
JJ kissed the side of her neck lightly and dug his face into her bare shoulder breathing in her sweet, addictive perfume.

"I love you." JJ mumbled into her skin
Aaliyah turned her head and smiled down at him, running her hands through his thick damp hair, "I love you too, so much."
"Come on lovebirds! We've got stuff to do." Pope laughed pulling JJ up off of Aaliyah.
"Hey man!" JJ whined
Aaliyah stood up and grabbed hold of JJ's hand, "Lets go babe." she smiled, pulling him along to catch up with the others.

The fire crackled softly as the group sat around it, laughing and sharing memories. JJ sat on a pull out chair, Aaliyah sitting comfortably on his lap. He stared intensely at the fire, smiling to himself every know and then as he reminisced about all the memories he had made with Aaliyah.

"You're quiet." Aaliyah whispered

JJ's icy blue eyes met with her warm brown ones, making him instantly melt at the innocent action.

"I'm just thinking." He whispered back

"What about? Nothing bad I hope." She chuckled lightly

He smiled and shook his head, " I'm thinking about the first time I realised I fell in love with you."

Aaliyah raised an eyebrow in surprise, "and when was that?" she grinned

JJ shrugged, "when I came to your house that night after I got into a bad fight with my dad. That's when I knew. You've never once turned your back on me and that night I was pretty fucked up- yet you still looked after me and made sure I was ok. Most people would leave but you-you welcomed me with open arms and helped me work through it."

JJ panted and groaned as he struggled to make his way up the set of stairs to Aaliyah's front door. He held a tight grip on the metal railing, trying desperately to hold his balance. Blood dripped from all over his body, falling to the ground bellow him.
His whole body ached with pain, when he walked, breathed even talked. He finally made it to the front door, he lifted his bloody hand and knocked on the door a few times- hoping it would wake the sleeping girl.
After a few moments of waiting the door slowly opened revealing a tired looking Aaliyah. She rubbed her eyes and then gasped when she realised the state JJ was in.
"Omg JJ! What happened to you!?" She exclaimed
He gave her a weak smile, "I- uhhh had a fight with dad."
Aaliyah frowned and opened the door wider, ushering him inside.
"I can't believe he did this to you."  She shook her head angrily
JJ hissed in pain as she carefully helped him sit down on the toilet seat.
"It usually doesn't get this bad." JJ muttered
"It should happen. At all." She answered back
She turned around and went through the bathroom cupboards and drawers, pulling out all sorts of first aid supplies. 
She laid them all out of the counter and began cleaning up his cuts and washing away the blood that drenched his body.
"This is going to sting a little." She whispered
Aaliyah held back tears as she witnessed the state her best friend was in, blood covering every inch of his body, his right eye was swollen and his face and arms were littered with big purple bruises.
"You're not going back there- ever again." She stated, wiping a cut on his lip with a warm wet towel.
"I need to- I can't stay with John B forever-"
"You're going to stay here JJ." She cut him off
"You're living situation isn't right for you- or for anyone! No one should have to go through that. You have a future JJ, you're going places- you can't live with that deadbeat anymore."
JJ's eyes widened at her words, his heart began racing a million miles an hour. No one had ever believed in him before- not as much as Aaliyah did.
"Thank you." He whispered
Aaliyah gave him a tight smile and pecked the side of his head.

Aaliyah gave him a sweet smile, " I'd never leave you JJ, no matter what you were going through or how bad the situation was. Before you were my boyfriend you were my best friend and nothing will change that."
JJ tightened his grip on the girl and leaned in to give her a long passionate kiss, the taste of her strawberry chapstick lingered on his lips. He pulled away and leaned his forehead onto hers, staring into her eyes.
"I guess I'm in love huh?" he grinned
She smiled back and pressed their lips together once again, "I guess we are." She mumbled against his lips.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~