All For Show- JJ

~Aaliyah's midsummers outfit above~

"The relationship is just so different from the one I have with Topper, like John B actually treats me like a human and not like some object he obsesses over!" Sarah gushed

Aaliyah smiled, she loved seeing her best friend happy- and it was clear to her she hadn't been happy in her relationship with Topper for quite some time. Aaliyah didn't condone the sneaking around and cheating, even though Topper was a major dickhead- no one deserved to go through the pain of being cheated on.
"You're gonna break up with Topper though, right?" Aaliyah encouraged

Sarah sighed, "Yeah- I know what I'm doing is bad but I-I didn't expect to fall for John B, it all just happened so quickly."

"I understand, I just don't want to see you getting in the middle of something so unpredictable." Aaliyah said

Sarah smiled sweetly and walked towards Aaliyah, jumping onto the bed and sitting next to her. She grabbed onto Aaliyah's arm and pulled her down so that they were both lying flat on their backs.
"I have a really big favour to ask you- and its totally ok if you say no or if you're uncomfortable with it." Sarah said nervously

Aaliyah raised her eyebrow, "Oh god- what is it?"

Sarah sighed, "So, John B and I need a distraction at midsummers so I can sneak off to meet him while at the party and no one can know that I've left."

"And how am I supposed to help with that..?" Aaliyah asked cautiously

"I need you to pretend to be JJ's girlfriend." Sarah blurted

Aaliyah's eyes widened, "Are you serious Sarah?! I have to pretend to be in a relationship with JJ Maybank!?"

Sarah bit her lip, "It would only be for the night- just so I can talk to John B."

Aaliyah frowned, she was definitely conflicted. Sarah had been her best friend since they were little kids- Aaliyah would do anything for her. But faking a relationship with JJ Maybank? That was definitely a questionable request.
Aaliyah had never talked to JJ, she'd seen him around at parties and at school- she also heard many stories about how he was basically the islands fuckboy.
If she went through with this she was lucky that her parents weren't in the country and that they were unable to attend midsummers this year, otherwise all hell would have broke loose.

"It's only for the night- right?" Aaliyah asked nervously

Sarah's eyes lit up, "Yes! It's just to distract Rafe and Topper mainly!"

Aaliyah groaned, "Tell him I'm wearing red."

~~~~

Aaliyah wiped her sweaty hands along the skirt of her dress, she nervously tapped her foot against the tiles as she waited for Sarah to meet her in the hallway with JJ.
After a few minutes of waiting Sarah came bounding around the corner, an expression of stress plastered across her face.

"What the hell where have you been?" Aaliyah exclaimed

"Sorry! So there's been a change of plans- JJ will meet you in 5 I have to go see John B." Sarah explained

Aaliyah rolled her eyes, "This is beginning to become more stressful than I anticipated."

Sarah gave her a look of sympathy, "I'm so sorry I am, JJ is supposed to work here tonight so he's just finishing off a few things and he'll meet you here."

"You're lucky I love you." Aaliyah playfully glared

Sarah smiled in relief and gave Aaliyah a quick hug, "I'll see you later tonight- you look fucking gorgeous by the way!'