Ozone- Rafe

A/N: Small trigger warning this ones a little darker but its not too bad. Also kinda based off the song 'Ozone' by Chase Atlantic

It was almost suffocating.
The booming and vibrations of the music hit him like a tidal wave as he pushed his way through the crowd of people. The air was thick with laughter and screaming as sweaty bodies were thrown up against him.

"Watch it!" He seethed, pushing past a drunken touron who had practically body-slammed into him.

The party scene usually gave Rafe a sense of joy, or at least kept him numb long enough so he could avoid all his issues. He shoved his way through the crowd, sitting himself down on an empty chair in the corner as he ran a hand through his hair.
His leg bounced anxiously, he didn't want to be here- all he wanted to do was surround himself in his girlfriend's presence.

Well, ex-girlfriend.

It had been two long and agonising weeks since he last saw Octavia....
Two weeks since he fucked up the best thing to ever come into his dark life.
Rafe began to rub his hands up and down his legs, slowly hovering over a small lump in his pocket.
He knew that small packet would temporarily solve his problems, numbing him for a few moments giving him a window of opportunity to forget the dark cloud of emotions and memories that lurked over his mind.
But that same packet of substance was also the cause of him losing her...

"Rafe!" Octavia exclaimed

Rafe lifted his head, a smile etching onto his face as his girlfriend came into view- standing over him with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Hey baby." He slurred, sniffling loudly as he wiped the remainder of his coke from his nose.

"We need to talk- privately." She spoke bluntly, her eyes shifting back and forth between Rafe's friends and himself.

Rafe rolled his eyes, lifting his hand and waving his friends away.
They all stood up without protest, shooting Octavia looks of sympathy as they made their way further into the party.
Octavia frowned deeply, sighing as she sat down across from Rafe.
"You told me you'd stop." She muttered

"It's not as easy as it sounds." He stated, piling up his earnings from the night into a tight bundle.

"I can't keep doing this Rafe-"

"Yeah, yeah- I've got shit to do." He dismissed, standing up from his position and walking off- leaving Octavia without a second thought.

Rafe stared down at his phone, practically burning holes into the lit up screen.

I'm sorry, can we talk? I love you.

His finger hovered over the send button before quickly diverting back to the keyboard- deleting the message. The weight of his mistakes and fuck-ups bore down on him, drowning him with guilt and regret. Everywhere Rafe looked he was haunted with the memory of Octavia, he could see her perfectly carved features, her sun-kissed skin, her glistening hazel eyes that held so much reassurance and comfort, he could see her bright smile, hear her melodic laugh and her sweet perfume stuck to every surface around him.
As cliche as this all sounds- its unfortunately true.
But with every perfect memory, Rafe was tortured with every negative one which quite frankly was like a never ending nightmare.

The front door slammed shut, echoing loudly throughout the Cameron household. Octavia threw her bag against the ground, muttering profanities under her breath as she made a beeline straight for Rafe's bedroom.

"Rafe Cameron! Are you serious?!" She yelled

Rafe briefly glanced up at the girl, lifting the bong to his lips as he inhaled- the smoke clouding around the two of them.
"Want some?"