HeartBreak Girl- JJ

JJ sat on the lounge at the chateau, his phone up to his ear while he listened to Aaliyah cry once again over her jerk of a boyfriend.

"He was with a girl at the Wreck! The same girl he was with last time- I just can't deal with him anymore JJ."  Aaliyah sobbed

JJ bit his tongue, trying so desperately not to scream out that she should be with him, that he was the one for her. Instead he found himself telling her what she wanted to hear, instead of telling her the truth.
This was a regular thing JJ had to put up with, his best friend- who he was madly in love with, cry to him about her boyfriend cheating on her, fighting with her and just doing horrible things. He absolutely despised the guy, for not treating Aaliyah with the love and respect she deserved. He also hated the fact that he was always there for her no matter what, yet- she still always chose him.
"Do you wanna come stay at the chateau with me?" He asked

Aaliyah sniffled, "yes please."

•••

JJ ran his hand through Aaliyah's soft locks as she laid on his chest. JJ took the time to admire her beautiful self- he never could understand why a girl like her constantly wasted her precious time on a idiotic guy like him.
"Thanks for being a good friend to me JJ." Aaliyah whispered

JJ felt his heart clench, a good friend. That's all she'll ever see him as. They constantly went around in circles, Aaliyah and her boyfriend would fight, she'll then call him a crying mess, he'll give her advice and lie that he's a good guy- just to make her happy, then she'll thank him for being the bestest friend ever and she'll run right back to him leaving JJ heartbroken.

"of course Lia. I'll always be there for you." He replied

Aaliyah smiled up at him, kissing his cheek lightly.
"And I'll be there for you- that's what friends are for."

Yeah....friends.

•••

JJ balled his fists, digging his nails into the palms of his hands- almost positive he was drawing blood.
He watched as his best friend laid curled up on the lounge, bawling her eyes out once again this week.
Kiara sat next to her, rubbing her back comfortingly and whispered reassuring words to her.
It absolutely broke JJ's heart to see Aaliyah in this state, all he wanted to do was beat the shit out of her pathetic excuse of a boyfriend.
"I'll be back." JJ said lowly, picking up the keys to his bike.

"Woah woah woah! JJ wait!" Pope exclaimed, jumping up from his seat.

"I know what you're doing and it's not worth it." Pope said so only JJ could hear

JJ clenched his jaw and shook his head, "No he's done this one too many times Pope! I can't sit here and watch the girl I love suffer like this anymore! No fucking way!"

"JJ we all want to see him get what he deserves- but right now Lia needs you." John B stated, coming into the conversation.

JJ's demeanour softened as he glanced over the boys shoulders, his eyes landing on Aaliyah who still laid in the same position sobbing.
"Yeah- ok." JJ whispered
John B and Pope let out a breath of relief as JJ placed his keys back down and walked over to Lia, silently enveloping her into his arms and hugging her close to his chest.

"Shhhh it's ok." He reassured

"I'm such a fucking idiot J- why can't I just leave him?" She cried

JJ leaned his chin on top of her head, "Because you care too much, you're too loyal and you don't leave people when they need help the most. And that's what we all love about you Lia."

"Thank you JJ..." She mumbled softly

•••

A few weeks had passed and Aaliyah finally worked up the courage and left her boyfriend. JJ was more than ecstatic, he thought this day would never come. The pogues had been persuading and trying to push JJ to announce his feelings to Aaliyah but it just didn't feel like the right time- yet was any time right?

"Come on man just tell her!" John B encouraged

JJ rolled his eyes and inhaled the smoke from his vape, "She's just broken up with that asshole- she doesn't like me in that way anyways."

"You'd be surprised JJ." Sarah said

JJ perked up, hope and confidence swirling inside of him.
"Just do it JJ, you've been in love with her since y'all were kids. She just is too blind to see how much she loves you back." Kiara smiled reassuringly

JJ grinned and stood up, "I'm gonna get my girl." He mumbled happily to himself

"THATS MY BOY!"
"GO JJ!"
"YES FINALLY!"
"FUCK YES JJ!"

JJ ran out of the chateau, jumping on his bike and racing over to Aaliyah's house.
He just hoped she didn't break his heart....

•••

"LIA!" JJ called out

"JJ? What's wrong?" Aaliyah asked

JJ smiled, "I need to talk to you."

"So do I." Aaliyah sighed

JJ's smile turned into a frown when he saw the look on her face, "What's happened?"

"He- he wants to get back together. He promised he'd change and I-"

Anger rose inside of JJ, he was over going around in circles. He truly loved Aaliyah and he could deal with this anymore....
"FOR FUCKS SAKE LIA!" he yelled

Aaliyah's eyes widened in shock, "JJ-"

"NO LIA! IM OVER THIS! WHY DO YOU KEEP GOING BACK TO HIM? HE TREATS YOU LIKE ABSOLUTE SHIT! WHY CANT YOU SEE THAT I LOVE YOU! THAT IM ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU- WHY WONT YOU CHOOSE ME?!"

Aaliyah sat in shock, unable to speak a word at JJ's outburst.

"I love you so so much Lia- I always have. And I can't sit back anymore and watch you go back to that jerk over and over again when I'm sitting here catching you after every fall, wiping your tears away when he hurts you, comforting you and hiding my fucking feelings from you!"

"JJ-"

"No Lia I just can't-"

"JJ!" Aaliyah yelled over him

JJ stopped ranting, awaiting for an answer from the girl.

"I love you too."

"What?!" He asked in surprise
He definitely didn't expect that....

Aaliyah giggled lightly, "I love you too, I have for a while but I didn't think we could happen. I didn't want to ruin our friendship and honestly I didn't think you'd feel the same so I guess I tried to find love with someone else- but I can't love another man the way I love you JJ." She confessed

JJ broke into a grin, he lifted Aaliyah up and spun her around happily.

"JJ!" She exclaimed laughing

JJ wasted no time in pressing his lips onto hers, sharing a passionate kiss. As their lips moved in perfect sync JJ moved his hands down to her waist, holding onto her tightly.
Aaliyah ran her hands through the ends of his hair, pulling and tugging ever so often causing JJ to let out a small moan.

Aaliyah and JJ eventually pulled away from one another, "Does this mean you'll be mine now?" He asked

Aaliyah nodded, "of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another imagine! 🙈
I know i've been extremely slack with posting imagines and i'm very sorry about that- I promise i'll do better😭
BUT WE'RE SO SO CLOSE TO 3K READS!!!
Like wtf!
I just want to say thank you so so much to all of you for reading my book and giving me so much support! I'm so grateful like AHHHHHH!
LOVE YALL!
🤍🤍🤍