Im Not Her Part 2- JJ

Aaliyah ran into the chateau, laughing as John B chased her from up the dock. She flung the front door opened, her smile dropped instantly when she saw JJ and Kiara sitting on the couch together flirting aimlessly.
Kiara leaned her head against JJ's shoulder as he placed his hand on her thigh.
Aaliyah sucked in a deep breath and turned on her heel, walking back outside.

"Shit you run fast." John B puffed

Aaliyah smiled slightly, trying to shake the jealous feeling from her.
"I'll race yah back?"
•••

"Where's JJ?" Aaliyah asked

Pope rolled his eyes and pointed towards the porch of the chateau. Aaliyah furrowed her brows and looked over, her heart immediately dropping to her stomach.

JJ had Kiara practically sitting on his lap while he played with the ends of her hair- not to mention the flirting yet again.
Aaliyah bit the inside of her cheek angrily.
"Oh hey Lia." John B greeted

"Hey JB."

"Is JJ still up there?! JJ COME AND SAY HEY TO LIA!" John B yelled out

JJ looked over and waved them off, not even sparing a glance at Aaliyah.
Aaliyah scoffed and grabbed Pope's hand.
"Let's go to the dock." She said to the boys

It took her absolutely everything to hold back the tears- it was practically unbearable to see the guy she loved flirt with her best friend.
But who could blame him? Kiara was absolutely gorgeous, any guy was more than lucky to have her as their girlfriend.
She just wasn't her.

Aaliyah cursed herself as she was thinking about JJ and Kiara again. She got up from her bed and went to check her phone that was on charge.

"Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me." Aaliyah groaned.

JJ❤️‍🔥♾
Hey I'm on my way over x

She could of killed Sarah- the last thing she wanted was to see JJ. And she 1000% knew Sarah was the one who told him to go see her.
I could always hide...
Or pretend I'm not home..

Aaliyah shook her head and began mentally preparing for JJ's arrival.
She pulled at the hair tie around her wrist anxiously as she paced around the room.
Finally she heard the van pull up in her driveway, within only a few seconds the car door slammed shut and JJ was running up to her front door.
"LIA!?" He called out, knocking on the door a few times.

Aaliyah took a deep breath in, "You've got this."

She opened the door to reveal a very worried and disheveled JJ.
"Oh thank god you're alright- Lia I've been so worried about you. How come you haven't been answering my texts?! I'm really sorry if I've done something wrong-"

"JJ- it's fine. I'm fine." Aaliyah cut him off

JJ frowned, "Don't lie to me Lia. I know you and I know it's not fine."

Aaliyah shook her head and walked back into the house allowing JJ to follow behind her.
"Lia come on- if you're mad at me you at least have to give me the reason."

"I'm not mad- I just wasn't feeling the best."

"damnit Lia!" JJ snapped

Aaliyah looked at him in shock, her mouth slightly agape.

"Stop saying you're not mad at me! Stop saying you just "weren't feeling good" cause I know that's fucking bullshit! You have been avoiding me for days- and I fucking miss you! I don't even know what I've done wrong and you're shutting me out like I mean nothing to you!"

"You mean everything to me JJ and that's the problem!" Aaliyah fought back

"You need to elaborate more on that Lia!" JJ yelled

"I CAN'T BE AROUND YOU! THATS ALL I NEED TO EXPLAIN!"

"NO THATS THE OPPOSITE! You know how much it fucking hurts to hear your best friend say they can't be around you?! WHAT HAVE I DONE! PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!"

Anger began to bubble inside Aaliyah, she didn't know what to say. She didn't exactly want to confess her feelings to JJ while in the middle of a heated argument but she could tell she was hurting him. And that's the last thing she wanted to do.

"It's because I love you ok! I love you so much but it is so damn clear that you're in love with someone else. And I can't be around you and Kiara while you flirt and- and do all that love shit- ok I can't." Aaliyah confessed, she hung her head as she felt tears begin to well up in her eyes.

JJ stood in silence- he was more than shocked to say the least. He never expected Aaliyah to confess her love for him because well the truth is he didn't think a girl like her would ever love a guy like him.
He'd been in love with her for so long but he was certain she didn't feel the same.
"Lia..." he whispered taking a step close to her.

"No JJ- it's fine...please."

JJ smiled, letting out a chuckle. Aaliyah lifted her head, narrowing her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Do you seriously think this is funny?"

JJ shook his head and bit the corner of his bottom lip fighting back the huge grin that threatened to appear.

"I just can't believe you're actually saying this- I-I have dreamt of this moment so many times but I never thought it would happen. I've been in love with you since the day I met you when we were 7 years old. Ever since then I've always known its you- and it always will be."

Aaliyah's eyes widened, "No way.."

JJ laughed, "Yes way."

"But... you love Kiara."

JJ frowned and held onto Aaliyah's hands, "I seriously don't know where you've gotten that from but trust me you're the only person I love and you're the only person I want to be with. I've never liked let alone loved Kiara in that way."

"But...what about all the flirting and avoiding me-"

JJ scratched the back of his neck nervously, "Yeahhhh about that- I only did that to make you jealous."

"You dick!" Aaliyah smiled, playfully smacking his shoulder.

"Well I saw you running around with John B and you seemed so happy- and with Pope you're always grabbing his hand and shit so I guess I just wanted to see if you'd get jealous." JJ admitted sheepishly.

Aaliyah raised her eyebrow and smiled, "You're a jerk JJ Maybank."

"I can agree with that just this once." JJ grinned

"So, does this mean we're official?" Aaliyah wiggled her eyebrows jokingly.

"Oh we're more than official." JJ said, bringing his hand to the back of her neck and pushing their lips together.
Aaliyah wasted no time in kissing the boy back, placing her hands on his toned chest as he wrapped one arm around her waist trying to push them closer together.

"I've wanted to do that for so long." JJ breathed out as they pulled away.

"Well now you have." Aaliyah giggled

"And I'm definitely gonna do it again." JJ smirked mischievously

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~