All I Wanted Was You- JJ

Aaliyah watched from afar as JJ held Kiara in his arms, his chin resting on top of her head.
It had been a good few months since they had returned home after finding El Dorado.
Ward Cameron had sacrificed himself, and Big John was actually dead.
Somewhere along that journey, JJ and Kiara had pursued a relationship outside of friendship- leaving Aaliyah completely in the dark.

Aaliyah pulled her sunglasses onto her face, desperately trying to hide the tears brewing at the corners of her eyes.
She had been madly in love with JJ for as long as she could remember and well....she thought he felt the same.
She couldn't exactly pin point where it went downhill, in fact everything was a complete blur for her.
The love of her life had moved on, he chose her best friend and they where parading it around her like it was the greatest achievement of all time.
She felt so much anger and hate towards the two of them, but sadness and defeat overpowered all the anger she held.
She was alone.
And she fucking hated it.

"Hey Lia." Pope smiled

Aaliyah gave him a weak smile back, patting the empty spot next to her.
Pope gladly obliged.

"I know how you feel." Pope sighed

Aaliyah frowned.
"Does it ever get any better?"

Pope wrapped an arm around Aaliyah's shoulder.
"I never thought it would, seeing them together it-it really hurt but you'll find someone who'll take all that pain away and everything you ever felt for JJ will feel like such a distant memory."

Aaliyah bit her lip, "What if I don't want it to go away Pope? What if I just want him?"

Pope held Aaliyah tightly as her lip began to quiver, tears falling from behind the dark shades that protected her hazel eyes.

"I just want him back Pope- I want him back so fucking badly."

~~~~

Walking around the Cut felt- unusual.
The pogues had spent so many months hiding and running from evil people- being so free out in the open felt almost alien like.

The cool breeze fanned Aaliyah's face as she made her way home, it was safe to say being around a group of love smitten couples was quite disgusting.
How could JJ and Kiara rub their newly found relationship in her face?
Was it payback?
But what for?
How could they...?

"Lia!" A deep voice called

Aaliyah turned around, her eyebrow raising as Topper jogged towards her.
"What do you want Topper?"

"Hello to you too."
Topper stared at Aaliyah, an unimpressed look vacating her face.
Topper sighed, "I just wanted to see how you're holding up."

Aaliyah scoffed, "Yeah I don't believe that for a second- no offence."

"That's quite a way to treat the person who risked his life for you pogues." Topper rolled his eyes

"John B's house burned down- and I have a sneaky suspicion you had something to do with it." Aaliyah stated, crossing her arms over her chest.

Topper's eyes widened, "I assure you I have nothing to do with that."

"Well whether you did or not, I don't want to talk to you so-"
Aaliyah turned around, beginning her walk back home again.

"I know how it feels Lia." Topper yelled out

Aaliyah froze in her tracks.
Is she really about to take advice from Topper Thornton?
"Everyone's telling me that lately Topper."

"Yeah well it's a pretty common occurrence- to have the love of your life choose someone else out of nowhere, even though you did nothing but give them your all." Topper spoke, his voice growing softer.