Love Now, Hate later-Rafe

"I can't believe you'd keep something like this from me!"

Rafe nodded sadly and took a small step closer to Octavia.
"Baby I'm so sorry I-I wish I could of told you earlier b-but Dad he- he wouldn't allow it."

A sob hitched in Octavia's throat as she tugged at her hair in frustration.
"You shot Peterkin Rafe! YOU LET JOHN B TAKE THE BLAME! YOUR LITTLE SISTER IS ON THE RUN WITH HER BOYFRIEND! How could you let that happen?!" Octavia screamed

Guilt and regret swam in Rafe's eyes as he lowered his head in shame.
"I know it was a shitty thing to do- I was selfish b-but I couldn't lose you O. You're my everything, I love you so so much- I couldn't get taken away."

Tears fell from Octavia's eyes as she watched her boyfriend break down at her feet. She wanted to hate him, she wanted to yell and scream at him for what he did. But seeing him so broken- struggling to keep it together, made her want to comfort him and reassure him it was all going to be ok.

"Tell me now Rafe. Is there anything else?" Octavia asked firmly

Rafe's icy blue eyes met with her dark ones, he couldn't bare to tell her the painful truth. He didn't want to lose her.
"Dad f-faked his death and we're going on a ship...t-to start over." Rafe choked out

Octavia gasped, her hands flying to her mouth in shock.
"and you weren't going to tell me...? You were going to just up and leave!? LEAVE ME?!" Octavia snapped
Rafe hung his head in shame, tears forming in his eyes.

"Baby I wanted to tell you everything so bad but when I found out Dad was alive- he made me swear not to say anything."

"I'm your girlfriend Rafe! I DESERVE TO KNOW SOMETHING AS CRAZY AS THIS!" Octavia exclaimed in frustration.

Rafe walked closer to his girlfriend, carefully taking her hands in his.

"I know I fucked up- bad. You have no idea how much I wanted to tell you everything, but what I did- what I've done, I couldn't bare the thought of you leaving me- hating me over it all. But from now on I promise to you that I'll be truthful and I'll never keep anything from you ever again!"

Octavia's heart swelled at Rafe's words, she knew Rafe's choices and actions were unacceptable and disgusting- but Rafe Cameron was the man she fell so in love with, the man she fell in love with wasn't the man who shot Peterkin or who betrayed his sister and friends.

"I know this is a lot to take in, but... I can't live without you O. I want you to come with me." Rafe whispered

"Rafe- I have my parents here.."

"Please Octavia. I need you." Rafe pleaded

Octavia's stomach churned with nerves, she didn't want to let Rafe go- he was the love of her life. But if she got on that boat, she'd be watching her back her whole life, constantly being on edge they'd be caught and found. There was so much at risk, so much to let go. It was safe to say Octavia was torn between the decisions, her heart said something completely different to her head.

"I should hate you." Octavia spoke softly

Rafe frowned deeply, his heart began to throb at his girlfriends words. He was almost certain he knew her answer- and unfortunately it was one he didn't want to hear.

"Baby.."

"I should hate you. What you've done- what you're doing...is so wrong. But I know this isn't you Rafe Cameron- this isn't the man I fell in love with. How do I know you won't stay like this forever?" Octavia croaked

Rafe wasted no time in wrapping his arms around Octavia, hugging her tightly to his chest.

Octavia let out a quiet sob, gripping onto his shirt tightly- not wanting to let go.

"I'm still the guy you fell in love with- I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

"I want to h-hate you, but I-I just can't." Octavia sobbed

"Hate me later. But right now I just want to be with you- before everything changes." Rafe whispered

Octavia nodded weakly, lifting her head to look into his eyes, "I love you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know it's been a while since I posted and i'm so sorry 😭 I've been thinking of new imagine ideas and writing multiple chapters at once because i'm an indecisive bitch 😎 But anyway I hope y'all enjoyed! AND WE'RE ALMOST AT 2K READS!!! AHHHHHH
🤍🤍