Dance With Me?-Rafe

"Drink?" Topper offered

Octavia smiled slightly and accepted the red solo cup from her best friends hand.
She leaned her head against the tree behind her, bringing the cup to her lips and allowing the alcoholic substance to overtake her body.
Parties were usually Octavia's thing, she loved to let loose and just forget all of the struggles and difficulties that came within life.
But tonight...well tonight was very different.

"What's wrong?" Topper asked

Octavia shrugged, "Just not feeling it I guess."

Topper frowned, "Is this about Rafe because I-"

"No." Octavia said sternly

Topper raised an eyebrow, "Just don't let him ruin your mood- this new girl she- she wont last."

"They never do." She muttered

Topper grinned, "Well he's missing out and you're going to show him."

Octavia snorted, "Yeah right- because that's really what I want to do with my night."

"Via, Rafe is my best friend I can see from a mile away that he is obsessed with you, anyone can. You just know what he's like- relationships scare him a bit." Topper sympathised

Octavia turned her head away from Topper, instantly regretting the movement as her eyes landed on Rafe Cameron and his new girlfriend of the week.
Rafe and Octavia had been best friends for years- practically inseparable.
All of their peers assumed they were a couple, Rafe always referred to her as 'his girl', he always gave her pet names while his arm hung off her shoulder.
He'd scare off any guy that was remotely interested in Octavia- but he'd brush her off once he found his newest toy.
It broke Octavia's heart to see the boy she loved kissing another girl, holding her in his arms like he'd usually do with her.

"Fuck him." Octavia mumbled angrily

Topper's eyes widened, "Huh?"

Octavia threw the empty cup to the ground, crossing her arms over her chest.
"Fuck Rafe. I'm not going to stand here and try to murder him with my eyes- I'm going to get absolutely fucked up and have fun."

Topper gave the girl a toothy grin, outstretching his hand for her to take.
"Well you're just in luck because your favourite song just came on."

Octavia laughed and took Topper's hand, allowing him to drag her into the crowd.
Friends by Chase Atlantic blasted through the speakers that stood amongst the sand, Topper pulled Octavia closer to his body as they laughed hysterically with one another.
Dancing with Topper made Octavia forget everything- Rafe finally wasn't on her mind and for once she didn't have a care in the world whether he was with another girl or not.
Topper lifted his arm high in the air as he spun Octavia around, smiling brightly down at his best friend.
"ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS HAVEN'T BEEN LONG!" Topper screamed

Octavia laughed- stumbling slightly as she continued to dance with Topper.
"That's not even the words dumbass!"

"Pfft whatever it's close enough." Topper smiled

Octavia shook her head as she wrapped her arms around Topper's neck- leaning her head against his chest.
"Thanks Top." She muttered

He leaned his head against the top of her head, sighing deeply.
"Anytime Via."

~~~

All of your friends have been here for too long
They must be waiting for you to move on...
Girl, I'm not with it, I'm way too far gone...

Rafe gritted his teeth together as he watched his two best friends dance together from afar.
Anger rose within him as his eyes landed on the placement of Topper's hands.
They moved further down Octavia's body, landing on the curves of her hips and then down to her soft hands.
Rafe rolled his neck, his stare cold and full of rage.
The song didn't make his feelings any better, it was as if the words were aimed towards him.
He didn't want to be friends with Octavia- hell that was the last thing he wanted.
But he was Rafe Cameron, his specialty was fucking absolutely everything up. For years Rafe wanted to make Octavia his, he wanted to be able to call her his girlfriend- his life partner.
He just didn't want to fuck it up.
Oh god the last thing he wanted was to ruin everything he had built with her- he wouldn't know what to do if she wasn't in his life- whether as a friend or something more.