He's Really Gone- JJ

Aaliyah sprawled out across her brothers bed- sitting in her own silence as she pulled at the loose thread from the worn out blanket.
For the first few weeks she couldn't bare to be anywhere near John B's bedroom- the whole house reminded her of her missing brother but something within her snapped and now she couldn't leave his bedroom.

After losing her father- the last thing she expected was to lose her brother all within the same year.
She knew chasing the gold was a mistake, it was practically a suicide mission.
You'd think getting shot at multiple times, being held hostage and having your house trashed by strangers would scare one enough to stop treasure hunting- but not John B.

"Hey Lia...I made some lunch- uh do you wanna come out and have some?" Kiara asked from the other side of the door.

"I'm fine Kie." She mumbled- just loud enough for Kiara to hear her.

Aaliyah heard Kiara sigh deeply," You need to eat Lia."

"I'll eat later...promise."

"That's what you said yesterday!"

"Kie maybe just give her some time.." Pope whispered

"No Pope! My best friend has locked herself in a room and refuses to eat, drink and socialise! I'm so fucking worried about her- I haven't heard her talk for weeks- who knows what's happening to her in there! And her boyfriend is wallowing in his own sorrows that he hasn't even bothered to check on her!" Kiara snapped, "I've given her enough time- now I'm allowed to freak the fuck out."

Pope sat on the couch wide eyed, "I'll find JJ while you try to entice Aaliyah to come out."

~~~

Aaliyah had moved from John B's bed to the window, she leant her head against the glass as she stared at the grey sky- she had gotten a notification on her phone that a huge storm was supposed to make its way over to them.
Usually Aaliyah hated storms, the loud banging of thunder and ear piercing strikes of lightning never sounded pleasant to her.
She traced her finger down the glass, aimlessly following the rain droplets that splattered onto the window.

Aaliyah felt a strong pull- it was like her body grew a mind of its own and it began to control her.
Staring emotionlessly at the wall she abruptly stood up and allowed her legs to carry her outside.
She swung the bedroom door open and walked straight past an exhausted Kiara.
Kiara's eyes widened at the sight of Aaliyah, she shot up from her position on the lounge.

"LIA!"

Kiara's face quickly morphed into one of confusion.
"Lia...what are you doing!"

Aaliyah stayed silent, before she knew it she was walking barefoot on the cold wet grass, the hard rain drops pelleting onto her skin harshly.

"AALIYAH! COME INSIDE ITS FUCKING POURING OUT HERE!" Kiara exclaimed from the back porch.

But Aaliyah didn't listen to her friend, instead she moved further out in the yard- further into the storm.
~~~

JJ never went home.
Whenever he found himself at home- he didn't know who he was.
It was like his whole personality would do a 360 change- he'd become angry and stressed.
John B had been there for him since they were kids, he'd welcomed him into his home, treated him like family- hell he even let him fall in love with his sister.
Aaliyah.
He felt like such a fucking prick.
He had no idea how she was feeling or if she was even coping. He just couldn't find the strength to go into that house- the house that reminded him of his best friend.
The amount of times he picked up the phone, his finger hovering over the call button or the messaging app.
He wanted to see her so badly, all he wanted to do was hold her in his arms and tell her everything was going to be ok- but why wasn't he?

"JJ!"
JJ sat up from his position on the couch, he swung his legs off the edge- empty beer bottles and cans clattering to the hardwood floors as he did so.
Pope swung the front door open, his body soaked from the storm.
He sighed as he wiped the rogue rain droplets from his forehead.
"JJ what the fuck are you doing?" He questioned sternly

"Not now Pope." JJ sighed

"No- now JJ!"

"Shouldn't you be at home- I'm sure your Dad needs help boarding up the store so it doesn't get flooded." JJ brushed off

"Aaliyah needs you." He spoke

JJ froze, his heart suddenly pounding in his chest.
'Is she ok..?" JJ muttered

"No JJ she isn't. She hasn't eaten since god knows when, she wont talk to anyone, she wont fucking leave John B's bed- I-I...we don't know what to do! She needs her boyfriend- she needs you for fucks sake!" Pope exasperated

Guilt washed over JJ, an incredibly unsettling feeling burring deep inside his stomach.
Fuck he was a horrible boyfriend.
He allowed his own feelings and emotions to take over- he allowed himself to be selfish.
A large lump began to form in his throat.
He wanted to cry, he wanted to scream and sob about how sorry he was.
But what would that do?
He needed to do something, he needed to find his girlfriend and make it all right.

~~~

Aaliyah's dark brown hair stuck to the sides of her face, her tears blending in with the rain drops making it hard for Kiara to determine how she was feeling.

Kiara paced back and forth from the stairs, contemplating whether or not she stepped into the rain to get her best friend or leave her to allow her to express her emotions. As crazy as it seemed, maybe Aaliyah needed to do something as questionable as this...to allow herself to let go of the unknown.

Aaliyah fell to her knees, the wet grass moulding around her knees as she pulled and tugged at her hair as the emotions overwhelmed her.
Her brother and her best friend were gone. They had disappeared together. She was never going to get them back.

Kiara's heart began to race with anxiety and worry as she watched her best friend break down- her mind finally made a decision as she began to race down the porch steps towards Aaliyah.
Just as the rain droplets began to litter Kiara's skin she stopped in her tracks as the loud sound of JJ's dirtbike echoed through the air.
The bike skidded to a stop as JJ hurried off of it- his eyes landing on Aaliyah's broken form.
Kiara took a step back as she watched the worried boy race towards his girlfriend- instantly taking her within his arms.

"What are you doing out here its-"

"He's gone JJ- he's never coming back." Aaliyah sobbed, her hands desperately grabbing for the loose fabric of JJ's shirt.

JJ leaned his cheek against her wet hair, pulling her close to him.
"I know- but everything's going to be ok, we'll get through this I promise."

"I just want him back JJ!" Aaliyah cried
JJ sucked in a deep breath, trying to hold back his own tears.

"I do too baby- but he's with Sarah...and they'll look after each other."

Kiara and Pope watched from afar as their two best friends caressed in the rain, both of them so broken they didn't even realise the conditions they were in.
Tears ran down Kiara's cheeks, she lifted a hand to her mouth anxiously.
She tried to be strong for Aaliyah and for JJ- she was glad they had finally made their way back to each other, in a way relief was brought over her. Now that the couple were reunited she knew they'd help each other through the grief.

"Let's get them some towels." Pope spoke up

Kiara nodded, the pair walking back into the chateau.

No more words were exchanged between the couple, all they did was hold each other.
They had both desperately longed for the touch and comfort of one another since they'd been apart.
All they did was comfort each other.
They now knew everything would be ok, as long as they had each other they'd get through this.

A/N:
OMG! It's been almost a year since I last posted WTF!
I guess I lost motivation for a hot minute BUT I'm back and ready to continue posting 😏
A lot has happened since my last post....OBX season 3 came out like WHAT!? Season 3 was lowkey fucking amazing though.
Now since I haven't posted in such a friggen long time- I have like a shit load of imagines to post that will be coming out at the same time so yayyyyy!