21 - Definitely Not a Date

1.4k reads!! Thanks y'all!!

If y'all loved the last chapter, you're really gonna love this one 😌

Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!!

"This is where we're staying?" Rainn exasperated, her eyes wide and wandering, soaking it all in. "Not a hotel?"

"Well, I've been thinking..."

"That's never good."

"Shut up." Grayson rolled his eyes with a chuckle before he continued. "We've both hit some crazy milestones in the past day or so, and since there's no concerts until the end of the week... I thought we'd make it a little vacation."

With a smile, she wondered, "just the two of us?"

"If that's okay with you."

She pursed her lips and pretended to think about it. Finally, she cheekily decided, "I suppose."

While the Airbnb wasn't massive, it was breathtaking. It was a little log cabin in the middle of the woods, built near a stream that went through the middle of the trees in the backyard. Rustic, cute, and maybe quaint were words that came to mind when Rainn thought of log cabins, but not this one. This one was elegant. It had high ceilings, windows that went from floor to ceiling that made you feel like you were outside in nature all while still being in the cabin. The perfect wood floors covered with the occasional lush bear or bull skin rug was anything but tacky, instead it was rather stylish.

She rolled her wheelchair up to the window that took up the whole wall of the living room, getting a better look at the backyard. There was a small clearing, enough for a back deck, fire pit, and a walkway to the stream, but the rest of the backyard was all trees. Fairy lights strung high up on the trees, along the path to the water.

"It's beautiful, Gray."

He smiled and strolled up behind her to admire the scenery as well. "I'm happy you like it." He said, sincerely. "Wanna go take a walk?"

She shot him a look and then looked down at her wheelchair incredulously.

He caught his mistake and laughed, knowing she was only teasing him. "Hey, at this rate, you'll be able to walk out there in no time."

She laughed with him, not offended by his misspoken words. "Hopefully so." She agreed with a grin. "C'mon, let's go out."

To make things even better, the cabin was handicap friendly and had a ramp to go down the deck and into the backyard. Side by side, they went all the way down to the stream. Rainn put the brakes on her wheelchair just to be safe and watched as Grayson stepped into the water.

"The temperature actually isn't that bad." He said in surprise, stepping further into the water. "It gets deep pretty quickly actually."

With it being so dark out, Rainn couldn't tell, but took his word for it. 

"Wanna go swimming?"

She shook her head with a laugh, thinking he was joking. At his blank blink, she realized he wasn't. "Right now?"

"Uh- yeah." He scoffed like it was the most obvious thing in the world.