6 - And They Were Roomates

The plane bounced as it touched down and making both of them startle awake. Then they froze. Her head was on his shoulder. His head was on top of hers. From across the small aisle, Jeff wore a cocky smile.

Grayson awkwardly coughed and straightened his posture, Rainn sat up and scratched the back of her head, neither of them acknowledging it. She was helped out of the tiny plane, and from there they were once again put in a SUV, on their way to the hotel.

"Oh my gosh..." Rainn breathed as she wheeled herself into the middle of the room.

She had never seen such a stunning room. Tall ceilings with floor to ceiling glass windows that gave an amazing view of the city that never sleeps below them. She wheeled herself past the white, (and surely extremely expensive,) leather couches and to the window. They were on the top floor, making the cars look like ants below.

"I call this room!" Grayson shouted from one of the rooms to the right of her.

She scowled. "We're gonna be roommates?" She mumbled under her breath. She wheeled herself to the couch, put on her brakes on, and slid onto it.

Grayson plopped next to her on the couch, making her cringe. "So, what are we gonna check off the bucket list first?"

She pursed her lips and grabbed her backpack from the back of her wheelchair. She dug through it until she found the crumbled piece of paper. She skimmed down the list, looking for something easy to start with. "What about donating our blood? That's easy enough."

He winced.

She rose a brow. "What?"

He shrugged, trying to be nonchalant. "I just... I think we should start with something more exciting."

Her eyes narrowed. She opened her mouth to catch him in his lie, but there was a knock at the door. "I forgot they were coming."

"Who?"

"My band." He smiled apologetically. "They wanted to meet you. And they don't know about our deal, so I hope your acting skills are ready."

"Now!?" She whisper yelled at him as he got up. This definitely was not something she was hoping to do at ten at night after traveling all day.

"Wait!" She whispered and grabbed his wrist before he got too far. She took her scrunchie off her wrist and put it on his.

He blinked at it. "Thank you?"

She rolled her eyes. "I'm trying to make us more believable. Gimme your sweatshirt."

With a huff, he took off the one he was wearing, leaving him in a t-shirt. He tossed it at her, hitting her square in the face. He was lucky he was far away enough to where she couldn't punch him. As he made his way to the door, she hurriedly put on the sweatshirt.

Grayson greeted the band memebers all with a hug as they entered the room. One by one, they made their way to the living room. Thankfully, Grayson rushed in front of them to introduce them all to her.

"Everyone, this is my girlfriend, Rainn." He told them and sat down next to her. He swung a heavy arm over her shoulders and she fought the urge to punch him.  "Babe, this is Zac, my bassist, Ryan and Olivia are my guitarists, Keith on the keys, and Megan my drummer."

For some reason it was easy for Rainn to lie to the public, but to Grayson's own band mates? She felt bad. Plus she had to play up the act even more.

It's been a while since the band had been reunited, making the relationship more believable. Grayson has seen them a handful of times over the past year, but it was to discuss music.