3 - Surrounded by Idiots

Please don't forget to comment and vote!!

•••

"Oh.... My.... Gosh...."

"What a total douche."

"I think I'm gonna puke." Rainn exasperated, looking to Mindy for reassurance on FaceTime, "Should I get ahold of him?"

Mindy's jaw dropped. "No way! Are you insane!? He murdered your hamster- killed it dead, completely disregarded your feelings, left you at the cafe by yourself yesterday, and left you when you needed him the most when your brother-"

"Geez, okay, Mindy, you're right." Rainn sighed and drew her lower lip between her teeth. "...I think."

She blinked. "What do you mean, 'I think'?"

"I'm just so overwhelmed and don't really know what to do." She admitted, a whine nearly escaping her throat as she scrolled through the countless articles about the two of them on her laptop. "The amount of texts and emails I've gotten from everyone is insane. Even my students' parents have asked me about him!"

"GRAYSON JONES'S SECRET WIFE?"

"GRAYSON JONES HAS BEEN A BUSY MAN DURING HIS HIATUS."

"GRAYSON JONES'S HIDDEN RELATIONSHIP."

"GRAYSON JONES- IS IT A FLING- OR IS IT MORE?"

"GRAYSON JONES DITCHES LOVER IN CAFE!"

"GRAYSON JONES ABANDONED HANDICAPPED LOVER TO FEND FOR HERSELF."

She cringed at all of the titles. The more she scrolled, the more negative they got.

"Has he agreed to it yet?"

"No... and I'm hoping he doesn't." She mumbled as she continued to scroll.

Mindy scoffed. "Than why ask him at all, Rainn? You're just signing yourself up for more pain."

She sighed and got out of the google app and back to FaceTime. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't try for Alex." She admitted. "Oh, and guess who else has been texting me?"

Her eyes widened. "Who?"

"Sebastian." Rainn deadpanned.

Mindy's jaw dropped. "What? Why?"

She shrugged. "Probably because he's jealous and thought I'd do nothing with my life after the accident." She opened her mouth to speak again but was cut off by another call coming in. "Oh no."

"What?" Mindy's eyes widened. "Wait, is Grayson calling you right now?"

"I think I should answer."

Mindy frowned, disappointed, but nodded her head. As much as she didn't want her friend getting hurt by this man again, she feared her job could be on the line if this got any bigger... well, any bigger than it already was. "I'll be praying, Rainn. Call me after!"

She said her own silent prayer and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hey, Dwight." His deep voice came through the speaker. "I just sent you an address. Meet me there at 6 tonight? I think we have some things to talk about."