18 - Yummy Baby Pandas

Thank you sm for 1.18k reads!!!

Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!!!

Italics are a flashback

Unfortunately, no matter how much he tossed, turned, and even resorted to counting sheep, Grayson couldn't sleep. By the time Rainn and him finished the photoshoot and interview, it was dark outside. The pair were absolutely beat and headed straight to sleep. Well, Rainn did. Grayson's mind was too wrapped up in everything that happened today to sleep. Actually, mainly one specific thing that happened today.

He'd be lying if he said he hadn't wanted to kiss Rainn before. Back when they were in school and previous to the fame, it was pretty surprising to most when they told people they weren't dating. It's not like they were ever all over each other, it was more so the chemistry they had. The pair just seemed so natural. That, and Grayson flirted a ton. While he let on like it was all to poke fun at her, he was actually absolutely smitten with her. But Rainn was his best friend's sister. That was like breaking every rule in the book. You can't date your best friend's sister, right?

He remembered one of the last trips he took with their family. It was shortly after Alex was diagnosed and right before Grayson's career took off. They drove down south and found a little beach that no one seemed to know about. While their parents stayed back at the hotel, the trio headed to the beach.

They swam for hours and after they tuckered themselves out swimming against the harsh waves, the boys took a break. They laid out beach towels on the sand and stuffed their faces with the food they packed with them.

Rainn, on the other hand, was getting absolutely smacked and thrown around like a rag doll in the ocean. She was bound and determined to teach herself how to surf despite the huge waves, never have trying it before, and no previous knowledge in how to do the sport.

Despite it all, Rainn was having an absolutely blast. After every blow of a wave crashing into her, sending her flying into the water below, she always popped back up with a smile on her face. "Did y'all see that!?" She screamed from way out in the deep water, the only thing bobbing above the water was her head. "I almost had it that time!"

It was nearly an hour of her trying to stand on the board and she still hadn't been successful for ever a second. But still, the smile was never wiped from her face.

Grayson shook his head with an amused laugh as he watched her.

"Careful."

"I know, she's being so careless." He chuckled and popped a chip into his mouth.

"I'm talking about you." Alex corrected him.

With furrowed brows, he turned to face his friend in question. "What do you mean?"

"The way you're looking at her... you look like a lovesick puppy." His nose scrunched in disgust. "It's gross. That's my sister."

Unsure how to respond to being called out, Grayson stumbled over his words. No words really ended up coming out. Flustered, he gave up and instead muttered, "whatever, man."

Alex chuckled and said nothing more for a few minutes, lost in his thoughts. His gaze went from his sister flying through the air to Grayson trying to act like he wasn't watching her anymore. Finally, he said, "Gray... when I'm gone-"

"When?" He cut Alex off, sternly. "Don't talk like that, man."

He sighed, but continued in a different way. "God forbid if something happens to me, I want you to promise me you'll look out for her."