9 - Insert Gif of Jimmy Fallon's Fake Laugh Here

Does it irritate anyone else that Jimmy's laugh (majority of the time) is noticeably fake? Like he's so extra for what lol!

Anyway, ✨moving on✨

Lemme know if you can guess what movie inspired part of this chapter!

Italics are a flashback!

•••

"Welcome back everyone!" Jimmy started, looking into camera. "I'm super excited to introduce someone joining Grayson Jones as our next guest. She has stolen everyone's hearts, making her and Grayson America's new favorite couple. Ladies and gentlemen, Rainn Williams!"

She waved to the crowd as they cheered and gave a big smile. "Hi, thank you so much for having me!"

"I'm excited to have you here! I know this is your first television interview, so we're honored you decided your first to be on the The Tonight Show!" Jimmy exclaimed, excitedly, signaling the audience to cheer.

Rainn gave a shy smile and nervously fidgeted on the couch. "Thank you, I'm happy to be here." She replied, politely.

"First of all, congrats to both of you on the engagement! Ever since it's come out that Grayson is a taken man, you've been.... Everywhere, really." He spoke and peeked down at his notecard. "What is your reaction to all of this? How life been since you came into the spotlight?"

She sighed and smoothed out her dress, "yeah, things have been really crazy. My life changed basically overnight, but...." She paused. Oh gosh, think of something positive and sweet quickly, Rainn. "Gray has been so incredible reassuring and helpful during this time. He's used to all the fame and attention, so he's really been my rock through it all."

The audience cooed at that, and Grayson played to the crowd by planting a kiss to her cheek, making them react even more. Rainn fought back a cringe.

"She's really handled everything so calmly and with so much dignity," Grayson chimed in, an award winning smile on his lips. "I really couldn't be more proud of her. And, I finally get to show off my beautiful fiancé, so I'm extremely happy." He chuckled, the fan girls in the audience in hysterics- some in a good way, some in a bad way.

"You two are just a good looking couple, look at you, really! Aren't they a gorgeous couple, ladies and gents?" Jimmy asked, applause filling the room. He looked to his cards for the next question. "Everyone's wondering how you two met."

Rainn faked a smile and answered, "he was actually my brother's best friend from church. We grew up together."

Jimmy's jaw dropped, dramatically. "So you were childhood sweethearts?"

"I wouldn't say that," she brushed off with a laugh.

"Well," Grayson started with a smirk. "I would say we were in a way. You were my first crush."