16 - Surprise Shawty

Over 900 reads 🙌 thank you so much!! Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote! Your comments especially mean the world to me! ❤️

Grayson was halfway through the performance of another sold out stadium. As usual, Rainn was in a VIP section towards the front of the stage with Jeff, surrounded by security guards. As he finished one of his songs, the crowd erupted in applause. He waited until the noise died down to speak.

"So I have quite the surprise tonight," Grayson began as he grabbed a guitar and threw the strap over his shoulder. "Many of you know about my fiancé, Rainn, by now..."

Rainn watched for the crowd, a smile gracing her lips. The song coming up must be the song she had to do her fake crying for.

Just like that, the crowd erupted in more applause. He adjusted the microphone on the stand and waited for the cheers of excitement to die down before he continued. "She had impacted my life like no one else has. She inspires me in so many ways, one of those ways being musically. So I have a new song for you tonight, dedicated to my gorgeous fiancé, Rainn."

She was thankful the lights began to dim so it would hide her blush. A video started rolling on the giant screens and she recognized the old clip from their childhood. Rainn quietly gasped as she watched, the band starting to play softly in the background. The crowd's cheering only grew, but Rainn tuned them out.

The first clip was Christmas Day, Grayson was only eight and Rainn was six. That year, his mom had to work on Christmas Day, so the Williams took him in. It normally went like that. While his mom did the best she could as a single mom, that meant she worked nearly all the time, including holidays.

The camera zoomed in to Grayson and Rainn on the couch, with her peeking over his shoulder to see what Santa brought him. Though their was no sound to the video, her mom from behind the camera must have said something funny because they both looked up and laughed.

As the first verse began, the next clip was of them at the beach, just a little older. Her, Grayson, and Alex were building sandcastles. They played a few more clips from that day, such as the trio playing in the water and eventually burying Grayson neck deep in the sand.

The first verse began with just his guitar and vocals. The lyrics were sung softly and were about him being nervous and awkward, particularly around her. He explained through his music he wasn't sure what the feeling was so he just stood in the moment.

The videos that played during this verse started with Rainn laughing and playfully swatting at the camera. He was recording her trying on various types of earrings she couldn't choose between. She recognized this was for her school's homecoming dance.

The same guy that ditched her on her first date was the same guy that was supposed to take her to the dance. Since he dipped, Grayson stepped up and asked her to the dance. Even though according to him, "it was her dance and she should be asking him." He'd tease.

The video cut between pictures and videos of them laughing, making fun of each other, and awkward family pictures they were forced to take together.

The chorus was about when it hit him, how much he adored her. How infatuated he was with her like he never has been with someone before. He never thought he'd get to a place like this in his life to where he loved someone so much, it was all he thought about. He thought it was impossible.

The videos that played during this time was clips they recorded off their own phones years ago. She didn't even know he saved all of these. One was a prank he pulled on her, sneaking an ice cube down the back of her shirt.

The next was her getting revenge and throwing a snowball directly in his face. He charged at her full speed and they both fell in a heap of laughter in the snow.