11 - No Touchy Please

450 reads!! 🙌🏽 thank you everyone!! So excited for the next chapter! If this chapter can get 5 comments from 5 separate people, I will post the next chapter early!

•••

It was early in the morning when Rainn gave Mindy a call, knowing she would be getting ready for work. Unlike Rainn, Mindy didn't have the summer off. She worked for the summer school program.

After Mindy scolded her on not only ditching her for the whole summer, faking not only a relationship, but an engagement... she said she enjoyed her Jimmy Fallon interview.

It's been not even 24 hours since the interview and the clip of them playing the headphone game already had millions of views. However, without the dislike feature on YouTube anymore and her promise to not check the comments, Rainn wasn't sure if it was all good attention or not.

Rainn finally explained the whole situation-ship to Mindy. She also broke down and told her everything that happened yesterday. Paparazzi bombarding them, falling out of the wheelchair, people accusing them about Alex... but also how kind and comforting Grayson was with her.

Though stern, he helped her. Not only by remaining calm, matter a fact, and collected, but he bandaged her cuts, picked out every piece of gravel and glass, and cleaned them.

She had mixed feelings on it. Part of her wanted to be mad for accepting his help. She's made it this many years without him, she didn't need him now. The other part of her appreciated his help. She's been doing things on her own for so long now, it was nice to have someone that cared.

"Oh and guess what else?"

"Oh, gosh. What now?" Mindy muttered into the phone.

"Sebastian reached out to me again." Rainn told her.

"Again?" Mindy exasperated. "Why?"

"He, umm..." Rainn drawled, nervously biting her lip. "He actually apologized to me."

Though she couldn't see her, Rainn was sure Mindy's jaw dropped. "You're joking."

"Nope."

"Wow..." Mindy sighed. "Did you accept the apology?"

"I didn't respond yet." She replied, truthfully. "It took me off guard and... I don't know. He seemed genuine."

Mindy scoffed. "So what are you saying? You want him back?"

"Oh my gosh, no!" Rainn exclaimed with wide eyes. "It was just nice to hear from him, is all."

"Rainn." Mindy deadpanned.

"Yes?" Rainn mumbled, sheepishly.

"Don't. Don't do it." She scolded, softly. "Don't let him manipulate you into thinking he's a good guy again."

Rainn opened her mouth to respond, but Mindy cut her off. "I'm sorry, Rainn. I just pulled up to the school. I gotta go."

Rainn heard some shuffling in the background and the sound of a car door opening. "No worries. I gotta get going too. Have fun."

"Yeah, right." Mindy chuckled, using her key fob to enter the building. "Have fun with a bunch of moody children who would much rather be enjoying their summer vacation."

Rainn chuckled with her.

"Don't do anything stupid, please." Mindy said quietly. "Block the Pedro Mascal wannabe, okay?"