25 - Fight

Thank you so so much for 2k reads!! So sorry for the slow updates! Things have been crazy busy in my life rn. I'll try to have regular updates again soon! Thank you for being so patient!

Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!!

Warning: there are HEAVY topics in this chapter. Proceed with caution.

"Hey, there you are!" Grayson exclaimed, a tad bit of concern in his voice as he entered their hotel room. "Everything okay? I must have not heard you say you were leaving."

That's what he assumed, of course. Always assumed the best with her. Too bad she couldn't do that with him.

Now changed into her pajamas, makeup free, and her hair lazily thrown up into a bun, he thought Rainn still looked just as beautiful as she did with all the glitz and glam earlier. She was in the kitchen, sort of aggressively pouring herself come cereal.

"How do you do it all on your own?" He randomly asked when he didn't get a response, amazed at how determined and driven she was.

She frowned at the sudden topic change, slowing her movements. "Do what?"

"All of it." He laughed, softly. "You can do everything a walking person can do, besides walk. You get up the stairs on your own, get in and out of cars on your own, in and out of the shower, you do your own laundry and dishes..."

She shrugged, her lips in a tight line. "It's not easy. I mean, it's certainly gotten easier over the years, but I never wanted help."

"But why?" He questioned, seemingly not noticing her patience wearing thin. "You have, like, the best support system in the world. Your parents would do anything for you."

"I've learned to do things on my own." She said rather shortly. "I like being independent and on my own."

"You never used to be that way. You never liked doing things on your own, always had to be with us." He chuckled, referring to him and Alex.

She sighed and placed her bowl down a little harder than intended. "I've learned you can never completely depend on others." She snapped, glaring at him. "People will only let you down... even if they looked you square in the eye and promise you that they'd be there for you forever, you can truly never guarantee it."

He went quiet a moment, his jaw ticking as he processed what she said. With a thoughtful hum, he quietly asked, "what brought this on? I mean, I always knew, but I hoped that you didn't still..."

She rose a brow, challenging him. "Didn't what?"

"That you didn't still hate me."

"I don't hate you," she responded. "But I certainly don't like you very much right now. I saw you sucking that stupid model's face off... the world believes we're supposed to be a couple and you do that?"

His eyes widened. "Dwight, no. I can explain. Kendall kissed me." He defended himself.

She laughed. "Right. You sure looked like you hated every minute of it."

His eyebrows furrowed. "It lasted not even three seconds! It would have been one second, but she wouldn't let me go! You have to believe me!"

"No I don't."

"Why? Because you still hate me?"

While she tried to act unbothered, a part of her wanted to believe him. "I just don't trust you... and I think you're really annoying." She added, childishly, hoping to change the topic.

He shook his head, ignoring her little quip at the end she said in hopes of not going down this road. "No, it's more than that." He confronted her and stormed up to her from across the room. "Why do you hate me?"