HOW WE MET (LANDO)

My first season in F1, it feels great, actually unreal. I know that being a rookie is not going to be easy, but I am pleased to say that I worked my as* off to get here and my dad's money didn't have anything to do with it.

My teammate, Carlos Sainz, was actually a really nice, funny dude and I am happy that I got so close to him during the winter break. Carlos was walking to me with a girl he said he wanted me to meet.

-Hi! I am Y/n, Y/n Sainz, nice to meet you! she presented herself to me. Did she just say Sainz, as in Carlos Sainz?! Are they married?

-I am Lando, Lando Norris, wait...( sh*t Lando don't ask that. Think of something) * and then it hit me* Y/n? As in the driver for Alfa Romeo? I asked her, saying to myself that it can't be.

-Exactly! she laughed.

God, that's the prettiest laugh I have ever heard in my life... Pull yourself together Lando, she could be your friend's wife!

She told us she had to leave and Carlos called her "beautiful" as my little knowledge in Spanish translated it. They are for sure married, but they look so much alike. I followed her with my sight and didn't even realized that Carlos was no more next to me, but on his way to the garage for the FP1. When I couldn't see the really pretty girl anymore, I woke up from my daydream and went to my driver room to change into my racing suit and hop in the car.

As I climbed into the car, thoughts start running in my head, but I block them as I push the pedal.

My first free practice was over and it went like shit, I am really disappointed in myself. Maybe F1 is not my place. I stepped out for a moment to calm down. I sat down in between two buildings so nobody could see me like this and I put my hands over my face and try to relax . I hear footsteps coming towards me, but I don't think anything of it until...

Y- Lando? Hola! Estas bien?

I uncover my face and I see her, the girl I was mesmerized by two hours ago.

L- I know I might seem very smart, but Spanish is not my forte. I try to make a joke more for myself.

Y- Oh, yea sorry, I forgot. she smiled... and what a gorgeous smile. Are you ok?

L- Yea... just a shitty practice.

Y- Same. I was just trying to find a silent place to calm down, sorry for interrupting.. there was a weird silent where we were staring at each other and God I got lost in her bright green eyes. Emmm I'll go so you could be by yourself.

L- Oh no, please stay. I mean if you want... I could really use some company, especially someone who understands.( I politely smiled at her, hoping secretly that she will accept my offer).